2005 busa clutch upgrade

You can buy the Brocks clutch mod or you can weld the slipper together for about $25,both achieve the same result. I welded the slipper on all of my bikes and saved about $800 by doing it myself vs buying Brocks clutch mod for each bike.

No kidding. Well i dont weld so i wonder if anyone does this mod for cheap.

Also, is there anything rlse i should do to the clutch before running it at the strip?

No kidding. Well i dont weld so i wonder if anyone does this mod for cheap.

Also, is there anything rlse i should do to the clutch before running it at the strip?

You can send it to me,I'll TIG weld it in the small jig I have and send it back to you priority mail the same day. If you pay for the shipping both ways,I'll do it for free cause you seem like a straight up solid dude and you're friends with Jeff...and Jeff and I enjoy giving Uncle Davey sh*t everyday&break his balls on the other forum:beerchug:

^^Those 2 guys up there. Either the carpenter or the weld. But its not going to give you anything more than a little more feel. With the stupid ass 2 piece design, its hard to get the feel when that slack takes up. You will feel it now. It isn't the only clutch upgrade you will need but for now, it is the easiest and cheapest mod you can do to improve your launch. Get that thing to the track and do as many passes as you possibly can until you cannot go any faster before you do anything else.

Also keep in mind he is riding a gen II (30 more hp than your gen 1)with bolt ons from the manufacturer with the reps tuning the stuff for him and I am sure it was dyno tuned, ecu flashed, etc. Lol, don't think the clutch mod did that for him.

You can send it to me,I'll TIG weld it in the small jig I have and send it back to you priority mail the same day. If you pay for the shipping both ways,I'll do it for free cause you seem like a straight up solid dude and you're friends with Jeff...and Jeff and I enjoy giving Uncle Davey sh*t everyday&break his balls on the other forum:beerchug:

I approve of Gixx's welding skills! I've seen his welds and they are impressive!

Oldgixxer your a great guy man. I bought the one from mike over at sae on newyork. He is a really nice guy!

Whatelse should be done to the clutch?

Dont do anything other than that for the clutch now. Just practice launching at different rpm and try setting up your sag. Get those straps so that when you get some traction it doesnt bust you in the face with the gas tank. I have some nice extensions 2-7" and a longer chain (you will need it) to get you started with stretching out a bit, will give you a good deal. $100. Hell I paid $300 for the extensions alone 6 months ago and used them only for street riding basically. Dont let anyone tell you they arent strong. I did a full vertical wheelie with em accepted the fact I was going on my back but shifting saved me and they did just fine with the entire weight of the bike and torque of 230hp pushing on them. Came down so hard the fan hit the header and broke. If later on you decide to go with a longer swing arm, you can sell them and get AT LEAST what you paid for them. Or stick with them. 6" back is pretty good, enough to give you a better handle on a wheelie. A little extension, a good launch rpm and clutch hand (practice) and a good tire (shinko hook up), leads to a good 60' time. The race is won or lost right there basically. Botch that 60' and you might as well go ahead and abort the pass. I suck at it. I have to keep trying though.

^^Those 2 guys up there. Either the carpenter or the weld. But its not going to give you anything more than a little more feel. With the stupid ass 2 piece design, its hard to get the feel when that slack takes up. You will feel it now. It isn't the only clutch upgrade you will need but for now, it is the easiest and cheapest mod you can do to improve your launch. Get that thing to the track and do as many passes as you possibly can until you cannot go any faster before you do anything else.
yea i need to figure out how to lauch it with the swb and see if I can at least get a 9.99 .. that would rule

Back