2005 Busa, 5 to 6 shift problem

alexander66

Registered
05 Busa with 503 miles, I am following the breaking procedures, not speed shifting or hard launches and no RPM over 5,500. I will be going to see the dealer tomorrow. I have been riding for over 20 years. I am not new to sport bikes. I will see what kind of service I will get.

I get the false neutral, when i go from 5th to 6th, that is what's going on.
sad.gif

My '06 did that a couple times during the first 1000 miles or so. But hasn't really did since. Once in a blue moon if I don't shift like I mean it it may but normal shift never does.

It's norml on the Busa. You need to shift it like you mean it. There are a 1000 posts about it here.

05 Busa with 503 miles, I am following the breaking procedures, not speed shifting or hard launches and no RPM over 5,500. I will be going to see the dealer tomorrow. I have been riding for over 20 years. I am not new to sport bikes. I will see what kind of service I will get.
this is ironic cause my neighbor has the exact same problem same bike and everything you just described. he took it too the dealer the dealer sent the tranny to Suzuki and they denied a warranty claim.

this is ironic cause my neighbor has the exact same problem same bike and everything you just described.  he took it too the dealer the dealer sent the tranny to Suzuki and they denied a warranty claim.
thats because other than a slight design flaw...

there's nothing worn too bad or broken inside.

Every manufac. seems to have crummy things about it.
Foe example:The Busa has had its cam chain tensioner re-designed 3 times.

Just par for the course. RSD.

I spoke to the dealer they said to bring the bike in, they will test ride, and will fix the problems if it happens with them. What will happen is they will test ride and find nothing wrong with the bike. But when and if it does go bad I will have documentation to cover me. (I hope) I will be going for a long ride if it does not snow tomorrow, I will go about 125 miles, then I will set for my first filter and oil change.

My 05 did it all the time. The Suzi tech said get revs a little higher before shifting into 6th. I think the problem is babying the bike while it is still new. Since I picked my bike up from its 600 mile service, 7000 miles ago, it has never happened since because I am revving it out more between gears.

My 05 did it all the time. The Suzi tech said get revs a little higher before shifting into 6th. I think the problem is babying the bike while it is still new. Since I picked my bike up from its 600 mile service, 7000 miles ago, it has never happened since because I am revving it out more between gears.

It's normal they get better when after break but shift it like you mean it they don't like lazy shifts.:cool:

my 06 has 125 miles on it i cant seem to get it into 6th.pull the cluch in pull shift lever up let cluch out.acts like its in nuetral.pull cluch in pull shifter up again and clunk in goes in to 6th.does not sound good.i have always had a honda.the first time i get a suzuki see what happends.

I have an 05... 200 miles on it and I have the exact same 5th and 6th gear issue. It actually takes almost a double up to get it into gear...Its sounds bad when it clunks in but from the posts...must be pretty normal. However I did contact the service tech here locally and he confirmed on this..He said....BREAK IT IN.....Its common when cruising under low rpm. Bike is meant to fly not cruise....I can't wait for 600 miles. I have changed my clutch settings to 4 and really...I mean really lift when going to 5th and 6th....and make a sort of double up... Helps tremendously and is not embarrassing. Picture it..Fly by someone with their window down..their jaw drops from the mere looks of the bike and grind...clunk...makes you sound like a freaking newb.

I would worry about it if it keeps up after 1500 miles or if parts start to trail you after a loud thud!

LM

Back