2004 motor for sale

Vetteman761

Registered
Guys selling my 04 motor that has 92k miles on it, it actually runs good just has valves clicking some and maybe cam chain slap, doesnt smoke or anything, got a low mileage motor for it so dont need, asking 1000 for it, have video of it running also of interested

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
Good luck with the sale, but for that mileage thats a bit high!

Turbo Bob

Registered
Good luck with the sale, you mind my asking what you paid for the newer motor as I just blew my Gen2 so will be looking to replace it.

greg3852

Registered
I hear ya Turbo, got this one for 1100 dollars , motor has 7k miles on it, so hopefully going to put a lease on life for the ole bird lol
Man, this place is the worst place to sell anything. People wish good luck with the sale and in the same sentnce declare that the seller is asking too much. WTH?
Probably because we don’t want to see any of our members be taken advantage of.

If I’m reading this right you paid $1100 for one with 7k miles but are asking $1000 for one with 92k and needs a rebuild? If I’m wrong I’ll delete this post, but that is how it reads.

Vetteman761

Registered

If I’m reading this right you paid $1100 for one with 7k miles but are asking $1000 for one with 92k and needs a rebuild? If I’m wrong I’ll delete this post, but that is how it reads.
yea? that one was a deal because he just wanted what he paid for it years ago, and he knows motors and what they sell for he said he would go for 1000, so not trying to take advantage of anyone just what he told me, i think 750 is a more reasonable number is though

ali123

Registered

greg.,.. u know how communists are.. they like to tell people what they can and cannot say..... rolling my eyes.

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
Sorry for my comment here, but a good top to bottom Internal build,,, INTERNAL, not including clutch, starter clutch and bolt ons. Bare minimum would be almost $1k in parts going oem just to freshen it up. Thus my original comment.
You could have made more $$$ parting the motor out,,
Glad you sold it, and someone has a great project, to work with!

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Desmo