2004 LTD Edition rev issues

Stormbringer

Registered
I got a 2004 ltd Edition busa and just in the last week or so I havent been able to rev over 6000-6500 the bike is almost like its governed, any ideas as to what would cause this ? a sensor maybe ? is it an easy fix ? any help appreciated

OP joined 1½ years ago and this is his first post? ???

I got a 2004 ltd Edition busa and just in the last week or so

How long have you owned it?
How many miles are on it?
It ran fine up until a week or so ago?
Where do you live?

What have you checked so far?

Ever added Seafoam?
I would check the spark plugs too.
Fuel screen can be cleaned - you have to remove the fuel and then the pump from the tank.
Then disassemble the pump to get to the screen.

Check the injectors too.

Well since your bike is a 2004 Limited, its special, the parts cost twice as much!

Yeah been slack 11/2 years no posts lol its "I dont have time " thing lol
How long have you owned it? 2 years
How many miles are on it? 43000
It ran fine up until a week or so ago? yeah then again could have been a little longer dont get the open it up as its my commuter, cant afford for anything to happen to it lol
Where do you live? Wellington , New Zealand

Yeah been slack 11/2 years no posts lol its "I dont have time " thing lol
How long have you owned it? 2 years
How many miles are on it? 43000
It ran fine up until a week or so ago? yeah then again could have been a little longer dont get the open it up as its my commuter, cant afford for anything to happen to it lol
Where do you live? Wellington , New Zealand

Thanks for the info.

So what have you tried? Anything?

nah Havent tried anything ye tas wasnt sure where to start, I will hopefully have a chance to check the fuel filter over the weekend :)

No Offense - but you have owned it 2 years and don't know where the fast idle is?

It's kinda like a choke (But FI engines you don't choke) so really it's like a fuel enrichment for starting it, AKA Fast Idle.
After I see my Temp Gauge start to move I turn the fast idle off. Lever is on left handlebar.
Usually we set the idle to be about 1200-1300 RPM in neutral. When you pull in the clutch lever, the RPM's drop to about 1000.
That makes if easier to take off from a stop without stalling it.

So after you clean the fuel filter out, then it would be good idea to do the above, if it's not already set that way.

Hope you get if figured out.

yeah so its basically a choke geez if you called it a choke I would have now that straigth away lol it currently idles at around 1100rpm

Back