2004 gsxr1000 power commander III on a 06 busa???

spudkinks

Registered
I did a bit of searching on this, but couldn't find anything "concrete". i found a power commander III for $150...but its on an 04 gsxr1000. looking at the power commander web site the part number for the 04 gsxr1000 is "315-411ex" the part number for the 06 busa is "312-411ex"...so it seems to me that the unit is the same except for the map installed out of the box. can anybody confirm this?

seems like a good deal if it'll work.

thoughts?

have you tried contacting Dynojet directly? they would be in the best position to confirm this.

It may be the same,, however the firmware will need to be updated!

As long as the connectors are the same, the firmware change may all thats needed to be done!

agreed can't tune the low range, which would be a problem when modifying a bike, check out there site on the ex version

i used the ex part numbers just as an example from the dynojet site, im not sure of the exact model. i just know that its a usb p.c....im going to the guys house tomorrow to look at it. i sent dynojet an email last night, im sure in a few days ill get a firm "no...wanna buy the right one?". i asked the parts clerk at my local dealer today, it look like it hurt him plenty to wrap his head around the question. he seemed skeptical. ive still got my fingers crossed...

pulled the power commander off my buddies gsxr1000 today...unless we are both blind,its not gonna work on the busa. tough luck.heres a pick of the gsxr p.c. connectors...

gsxr pc connect.jpg

Back