2004 busa sprocket question

Tattooed

Registered
Hey guys, finally got back to the forums,. I have a question and need advice..Sorry , I know this topic has been gone over but I didn't see my particular question.

I have put a K&N air filter and two brothers ms slip-ons, and jus last night I installed a 16tooth front sprocket..Test rode it today..Coming out of first the back tie just wants to spin, then it feels like it dies or flat lines around 8k rpms

I keep seeing a popular choice is -1/+2

Can anyone chime in and tell me what the difference is in low,mid and top in verses the two..Compare what I have now and what I would have if I do go up to plus 2 or 3 in the rear.

My main style riding is highway and like to find a gap and just nail the throttle. usually up to 150 and back off.But I do like the pull when I'm in or a back road..

I just dont wanna buy a new chain just to test it out..When I do find the right combo of gears,,Im gonna rebuild the rear wheels,,bearings, cush's, new tire etc..

I was also thinknig about bolt on extentions but not sure how they go on...they bolt on or have to weld them on?

Thanks for all the advice in advance...P.S this was the first time I took the fairings off and did this kinda work..I did do the gas tank and removed the fuel pump and cleaned it out before..So I am pretty handy and learn quick..I grew up building fast cars and forced air..

It's great to be back guys!!

I say find out whats wrong with the bike before you make any changes, if its dying at 8 grand you got some thing wrong. 1 down 3 up that thing will screem to 150:laugh:

the bolt on extensions will just bolt on. i just used some thread locker and torque striped the hardware.

by me saying it dies ,i mean it feels like tband isnt there anynore nothung jshe wrong with bike

Ps sorry for spelling ,I'm on a phone typing in a car

Or will going up two in the rear take even mote off the top end and make you shift even quicker .. sorry about my ignorance on this, just need some direction.

That flat spot your feeling is most likely due to the bike running lean from the filter and exhaust with no PC. Mine did the same thing until I got the tune right. I'm -2 +2.

I just didn't feel it till today , even yesterday it ran great , that's why I didn't get a PC. Plugs looked normal too. But I guess a PC can't hurt .

Can ya tell me where you shift or if it pulls all the way through ?

A Tre is also in the process soon

Back