2004 Busa not starting

Sir T Rex

Registered
Ok...here is the situation.

Bought new battery in April after returning from Afghanistan. Shop said that battery had a charge and should fire right up....but we all know what that means. I put the battery on a trickle charger...off and on for the past few months. Now, no matter what, battery is fully charged, but can barely turn over the engine. Everything sounds like its firing up just fine...headlights, lovely gauges moving back and forth... Awesome sound....whiiizzzzzzzzzz...

Try to start her up....Click!.....Cough, cough, rooooo....rooo... NOTHING!

Be a little patient with me. I know nothing mechanically about her. I have been looking thru the oRg, trying to figure out what is wrong. I am taking it to get it load tested in a few minutes, and possibly buying a battery tester, too.

Battery is less than 4 months old...

Any ideas?

Easiest thing for you to do would be to take the battery and have it tested...

I had it tested and the tester said "replace battery"...go figure. On a day like this, I get stuck without riding for another freaking week or so!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sir T Rex said:
I had it tested and the tester said "replace battery"...go figure. On a day like this, I get stuck without riding for another freaking week or so!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
If you have a local Batteries plus, they carry a usable battery and give you a year (used to be- may have dropped to six months) warranty... They are open on Sun:)

Was it just a bad battery or was something else going on with your bike to drain a battery like that?

Yup...bad battery. Ordered a Shorai on Tuesday...it arrived today. Connected everything.....and.............VROOOOOOOOOOM! She was orgasmic....woot woot...

Back