2004 busa flat power above 6k

mike04busa

Registered
Wondering if anyelse has run into this problem. At around 6k and full throttle the engine goes flat like it's lean or something like that. It has a full yosh exhaust and the flap removed from the airbox. It ran good set up like this but has began to loose power at high rpm's and hard throttle over the last few month's. I took the fuel pump apart and cleaned the strainer. No different. there was not alot of debris in there anyway.

everyone is have the same issue no one has a cure I have done the same stuff. even took it in to the dealership got the throttle bodies synced and its still doing it... Its pissing me off frankly i think suzuki hit a button and was like i want everyones busa to start acting up around 4k-8k rpms... LOL

as above its got to be fuel pressure issue so dirty fuel filter:thumbsup:

this is quite common on several bikes so hope its just the filter and buying a used pump will have potentially same prob :banghead:

having had a zx12r and being a user of the 12r forums this is as common there and again dirty filter.

it also seems to be mainly a US issue so i do wonder about your fuel quality as the UK fuel is very good and this is not so common?

I have a 2000 its a external fuel pump i did the external fuel filter mod so I know its not the fuel filter. I am going to check the voltage on my stator to see if its incorrect if so I am going with the stator.

Back