2004 Blue/Silver, gonna have to sell.

Is there a post on how, where, what you were doing when this happened? How could you get this financed with out collision? Have you gone to Base Legal services?
all_coholic.gif

beerchug.gif

post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif

If there are no holes worn thru the bodywork, it can be plastic-welded. You will need a soldering gun and some ABS rods. Get a decent body man to sand and paint it, and from the outside you will never be able to tell. Looks like all that I can see is fixable.

I suspect V8 used the Suzuki card for this bike. Correct?

The Suzuki card does not require insurance, period. And unlike some of the others here, I don't think $2K/yr is likely to have collision. I got quoted around $1200-1500/yr for insurance on a Busa, that did not include collision, from numerous companies, and I live in OH, not CA.

I don't know if you've figured out whether or not you've got collision, but definitely check any insurance papers you have. If you don't have collision, personally I would drop the insurance altogether and use the extra cash to pay the bike off.

Hey again everyone, just to give yall an update on whats going on. I have spoken with the insurance rep and all I have is Comp with a 500$ deduct. No collision. I am eating all of this.

I also spoke with the claim's rep for Progressive Direct, quote: "we deem this wreck a collision based accident, you have no coverage for this". So thats that, as many have told me to pick up my head and look threw this. Its time to get my baby fixed, and this board is being more than supportive!

MC MUSTANG has made 2 threads under (Random Thoughts). I appricate him for helping me with this on the administrative side as well! The first thread is for those who wish to make any straight donations.
link:

The second thread is for those who are contributing parts or have, and to keep track of what has been sent or what is still needed.
link:

Also, if you want to look at the bike in detail and see the majority damage go to this site that ive uploaded some hi-res pictures.
link: http://www.angelfire.com/extreme2/kaaw/

I can not express how much I thank everyone for helping me. Also, I have something in plan for the board as a returned favor. I am going to get the bike re-painted after everything is said and done. I want it to have hayabusa.org somewhere on the bike, or faded into something on a fairing somewhere. I just want to do something to show my apprication for this board!
super.gif

Anyways, thank you again everyone!

Westbrook

Just remember this rebuild will take some time. Members will come through best they can.

We are just starting on basic parts "we know" are damaged. Under the fairings might be a different story as well as more parts.

Patience is a hard thing to live with but it will get done. Just relax and "think" it out.

runeight...

Hi all Haybusa owners. Let me first tell you a bit about me. My name is Jerry (Jay) Roberts boss. I am here because I have two friends with Hayabusa's Robert and Abnir which is now in Japan. I own a blue R1. I was with Robert when this tragedy happend. Don't beat me up cause I don't have a busa. I did consider one and probably will go that way one day.
Ok so from what I can tell you about Robert is he checked into my command in July and started working with me a couple weeks later. He has so much dedication and Military bearing it makes us seasoned guys think about our Military bearing. I am not kidding one bit. He has been there for two and half months and has already won sailor of the month which is like employee of the month. Yes he lives on base in the barracks and doesn't make much money. he makes 1425 a month before taxes and deductions. This can be verified from the 2006 military pay chart. So $1000 a month take home is about right. This maybe shocking to people not in the Military, but now you know.
I have to be honest, I had to come check out Haybusa.org and see all the help he was getting. I am proud to say anyone who has helped or is going to help has chosen someone worthy and extremly appreciated by Robert.
Basically I just wanted to vouch for him and let you all know you are awesome.
He knows I am there to help him work on his bike.
Take care hghstrng (Jay)

(bonedust @ Sep. 15 2006,20:07) i have a front wheel with a good tire on it. the lip is polished, but id be more than happy to donate it to the cause.

let me know!!!
vic213@adelphia.net
check pinned posts under random thoughts. Repost there or have mod move it.

runeight...

Jay, thanks. No problem with R1. I think we all got the feeling that Robert was a stand-up guy.
beerchug.gif

Do you know the full extent of your damages yet . From the photo it just looks like plastics and a foot peg . The front wheel looked like it was broken or is that just me . Did you damage the tank exhaust and rear cowl too ? The bike looks like it's still rideable . Just start hitting Ebay you might be able to get a lot of the stuff you need fairly cheap . that is all the stuff you can't get from the generous board members . Unfortunately the only spare parts I have is a stock wind screen and a polished grab rail , but hang in there and things will be right in no time . It seems odd that a bike being financed wouldn't have full coverage .

Once you have a solid estimate and a concrete parts list I will send some cash your way via paypal. I sold all of my of my OEM Hayabusa parts except a set of 06 stock cans. I would first like to hear your plan for repair without a plan you will be chasing yourself in circles. Get a plan together and a parts list. First off strip the bike of its plastic panels and see what gives underneath.

I looked at the hi-res pics. Looks like all the bodywork is fixable, with the exception of the nose. If you can find the chunk that is missing, that's prolly fixable too. Take it all off as gently as possible. All the cracks, even the gash look about like mine did. If you have access to a plastic welder great, but if not, use old shoe laces to tie the individual pieces into the approximate correct alignment, get a soldering gun, (Wally-world has them, not expensive) and weld them together from the inside. This will leave a channel on the front side, into which you melt the ABS rods, (Hobby shop, Home Depot, again not too expensive) and fill. Get a small piece of hard plastic to cover the gash on the right lowers, you could prolly cut one off the upper if you are gonna replace it, and fill the hole with the rods. Sand the completed pieces until smooth, and there ya go. The front wheel is gonna need replaced for sure, and you will need to check the forks and steering head carefully to make sure they didn't sustain any damage. You have some hard work ahead of you, but If you have enough time, my guess is you can have it fixed in a month.

This place is pretty awesome--all the great help for a sailor who is keeping us safe and free. Although I don't have any parts (because my 05 LE is completely stock), I'm giving a little donation. Keep up the good work, and thanks MC and everyone for keeping this going.

I have an extra triple tree assy i can donate. It has the upper and lower fork clamps, bearings and all just no forks.

I've got one stock exhaust can (not sure which side; I'm not at home this weekend) as well as stock shift + brake pegs if you want 'em!

V8N3T - I spent 10 years in the Army and I've have been in your shoes. Military pay sucks (that's an understatement). Don't dispair, things will get better. Put your thinking cap on and you'll reason a way out of your situation. Here's a few suggestions:

1. Since you're paying payments, you'll probably need to keep insurance on it. Call State Farm and see if they will give you a better rate, if so, switch. Typically SF treats Busa owners well. (Make sure you get FULL COVERAGE this time.)

2. Inventory the damage, and post all the parts you need on this website. You might be surprised what comes your way.

3. Send me your address and I'll send you a new Puig windscreen. I have a brand new spare.

Hang in there, thank you for serving, and keep us posted!
beerchug.gif

FJRider, thank you for your generosity. Also, a part's list has been compiled here -->

I will have to give SF a call and see if they can lower my rate. Progressive Direct wants $494.00 each month for Full Coverage! And I have no accidents or tickets....well 1 accident now...
sad.gif
Thans and ill check out SF!

Westbrook

(TheAtomicAss @ Sep. 15 2006,12:14) And unlike some of the others here, I don't think $2K/yr is likely to have collision.  I got quoted around $1200-1500/yr for insurance on a Busa, that did not include collision, from numerous companies, and I live in OH, not CA.
You didn't look hard enough... $385/year full coverage with 500 dollar deductible on mine. Comp, collision, emergency roadside, etc etc... Full.

Back