2004 Blue/Silver, gonna have to sell.

I willing to help I fellow co-worker and Marines at Camp Pendleton who are Mech's that owe me favors (and money) I can get to help. I also just replaced some part on my bike and there yours if you need them.

Clear zero gravity windshield
stock grips
pig spotter mirrors
chrome bar ends
Full set of gages
stock rear handle bar

Also I have 4 custom shops (2 are friends) and 3 salavage shops in my area that I can get parts from if you need then and I'll pay shipping.
super.gif

(MC MUSTANG @ Sep. 12 2006,18:50) All, here is the problem with insurance - full coverage doesn't usually include collision - insurance companies look for comprehensive.  Collision comes in when the rider is at fault...  I went through this exact thing with my insurance when I was hit by a car - since it was deemed comperable neglegence (we were in the same lane) my Geico policy wouldn't pay.  However -  Here is my advice to our young Sailor friend.
Find a motorcycle shop to do an estimate.  Take that estimate and scan it, then post it on the board.  If you are willing to help yourself, I think you will be amazed at how much we will help you.  However the journey starts with a step - that is for you to get a list of everything that is wrong and we can start working from there.  You are a serviceman who exists to ensure that we have the freedom to hang on this website... if this is in some way a form of showing our appreciation, I guarantee that you will see why this is the best site on the net.

GO GET AN ESTIMATE AND WE WILL HELP YOU GET HER FIXED!

Semper Fidelis  -
Yup...well put and 100% behind it!

well, I am gonna have some pictures up here tonight. I am having the guy who has my bike at his tow shop to take pictures with his digi camera. So ill be able to post pics of an all around view of my bike. Then I will start a list of things I need for the bike.

Thanks for all the support yall. If you have AIM or MSN send me a message.
AIM = V8N3T
MSN = imahottiiee@hotmail.com
^^^ I know its an old hotmail account lol  
muscle.gif
Also, my personal email is armyofgods@email.com <--Send me a email there if you have any questions or anything you can contribute.

Thanks again everyone for the support!

ok, so far this is what ive gatherd for a list of parts everyone is offering. And just from looking at the pictures, these parts ive collected from this thread I can use and install asap. Also, the guy who has my bike didnt send me the email tonight, so Ill have to get him to send them to me tomorrow and ill upload them here. But heres the small list below. Looks like I still need a rear fairing and rim, and front fender that covers the front tire.....to get her back on the road again.

mjb1206 = full stock 2005 exhaust system
runeight = amber front signals, clutch/brake levers.
CAT3 = pegs
1320Busa = Nose

If you have anything not listed here, post up or send me a PM. Once again I thank you all.

(V8N3T @ Sep. 13 2006,22:38) ok, so far this is what ive gatherd for a list of parts everyone is offering. And just from looking at the pictures, these parts ive collected from this thread I can use and install asap. Also, the guy who has my bike didnt send me the email tonight, so Ill have to get him to send them to me tomorrow and ill upload them here. But heres the small list below. Looks like I still need a rear fairing and rim, and front fender that covers the front tire.....to get her back on the road again.

mjb1206 = full stock 2005 exhaust system
runeight = amber front signals, clutch/brake levers.
CAT3 = pegs
1320Busa = Nose

If you have anything not listed here, post up or send me a PM. Once again I thank you all.
I have a set of cheesey blue aftermarket levers (clutch and brake) that I can send if you want them... I know runeight has already offered them up...

Damn insurance companies bunch of frigin thieves. If Comp will cover it getting stolen leave it parked outside in a bad part of town and let someone take her. Then collect the insurance and get a new one. You pay and pay to these Aholes and they pay out to every Tom bobo and Harry that claims neck and back pain but the minute you actually have a real claim they try and put the boots to yah. I wouldnt feel bad about doing it either I hope that doesnt give me a lot of bad Karma but geez come on 175 a month for 3 years is about 6300 dollars enough to buy you a good used Busa.

Chatting with him right now -- I can help him with the mech stuff -- painting is a gray area tho

ok, I have my paypal account correct and up to day. I remember reading a couple of members were asking about a paypal account. If there are any donations, I will make sure your name is seen here on this board with the amount you donated "unless told otherwise by the sender". Im not sure if im allowed to list the paypal address here, so if your interested send me a PM or EMAIL and ill give you the address. Thanks again everyone, I now have a much more positive attitude towards this situation with the support this board is giving me! Thank you again everyone!
smile.gif

I would suggest a seperate thread for posting parts received and current status of repairs.

This would make tracking the parts/progress much easier.

Maybe a moderator could stick pin a post until everything is almost complete.

runeight...

(runeight @ Sep. 14 2006,19:59) I would suggest a seperate thread for posting parts received and current status of repairs.

This would make tracking the parts/progress much easier.

Maybe a moderator could stick pin a post until everything is almost complete.

runeight...
Runeight -
Great thoughts, in fact V8 and I are PMing back and forth about this right now....

But you all know the deal... if we are going into this, we're doing it Rubbah style - right, and BIG!

ERRRRRRRR!

just let me know about the levers. Also have stock handlebars if needed.

I'll have to dig the stuff out.

runeight

the other idea is to part the bike out, you have alot of good stuff left, and cannot owe very much on it, start with the engine and frame, that will cover what you owe on bike easily, then start with the little stuff and use all the incoming money for your 2007!

Just a suggestion, I also have some spare plastics laying around, as well as some trim stuff, blinkers and stock taillights also...let me know if i can help...

sorry about the crash, but you are still healthy that counts for something, good luck

I am not trying to sound like an arse but it really isnt that bad from the looks. I see a rotor on the right that looks like it might need to be replaced an upper head fairing a front wheel and a front fender. It may not look pretty but you can repair the rest when you can and still ride it. Does the engine start do the forks look straighthow do the brakes feel? I cant see any oil leaking and it doesnt look like you wore through the side panel even so you maybe pretty well off at least for now. I have some part I would donate but I dont have alot some rear blinkers seat covers reflectors stuff like that. Sorry about the wreck man.

(xzvs @ Sep. 12 2006,19:24) ok, to give yall a better look at things. I uploaded these pictures to this website. Pictures are here :::--> http://www.angelfire.com/extreme2/kaaw/
Oh, hell, bro. A little duct tape and baling wire and you're all set!

biggrin.gif

Let us know if you find out anything different about your insurance.

--Wag--

Only as a suggestion:

Fairings seem to be the big problem. If he can't get them, he can ride it as a naked bike for the time being.

Next is the front wheel.

Don't know about the forks, though. See front wheel.

well, the guy who has my bike at his toe truck lot said when he pushed down on the front end to compress the forks he said they dont feel warped. But of course the front rim needs to be replaced. And I was thinking about the same thing, replace the front rim....and pull the other plastics off and ride her nekad!

measure the front tire to radiator and compare to a known good busa. Your front wheel looks a little too close to the front nose. Very important that your forks/triple clamps are straight. If anything, make sure you loosen all the pinch bolts on the triples and then retorque them, to realign the forks.

Back