2004 Blue/Silver, gonna have to sell.

(V8N3T @ Sep. 12 2006,17:51) i want to do nothing but fix my bike. I love my bike, shes been a 1 owner gal. And Ive taken care of her, until this un-eventful wreck. But I dont know if the motor was damaged at all or anything mechanical wise. Im just so frustrated with the situation. I dont know what to do with her, I cant afford to fix her, and I dont want to sell her. I wish it were as simple as taking a sick horse out back and putting her down, my bike looks sad and in pain everytime i look at it.
settle down there cowboy!
laugh.gif

If you had a loan then your coverage should have been full coverage. No finance company will do it any other way that I know of.

All of us here have parts. Stay focused. You are alive. The bike will take time.

I'll start the parts. From just taking a quick look I have exhaust can and mid pipes. Keep a journal of parts being offered so as not to duplicate. This way the next member who suffers a loss will have the same resorces

runeight

As someone already said, go back to the insurance company and the finance company and figure out how you were able to finance a bike without full coverage? That may solve the problem. If not, compile the parts list and let us know what you need to get her back up and running.

I have the following:

exhaust cans.
mid pipes.
amber front signals.
clutch/brake levers.

If someone else has these parts promised or on a list let me know.

runeight...

I got the pegs covered. Full exhaust and levers if ne1 fals out.... get the list and thats an order! Also, got a stock screen or a like brand new ZG DB Dark Smoke...too dark for me.

All, here is the problem with insurance - full coverage doesn't usually include collision - insurance companies look for comprehensive. Collision comes in when the rider is at fault... I went through this exact thing with my insurance when I was hit by a car - since it was deemed comperable neglegence (we were in the same lane) my Geico policy wouldn't pay. However - Here is my advice to our young Sailor friend.
Find a motorcycle shop to do an estimate. Take that estimate and scan it, then post it on the board. If you are willing to help yourself, I think you will be amazed at how much we will help you. However the journey starts with a step - that is for you to get a list of everything that is wrong and we can start working from there. You are a serviceman who exists to ensure that we have the freedom to hang on this website... if this is in some way a form of showing our appreciation, I guarantee that you will see why this is the best site on the net.

GO GET AN ESTIMATE AND WE WILL HELP YOU GET HER FIXED!

Semper Fidelis -

Vent, just take a deep breath and count to 10. Look at your baby, it can be fixed and made better. Looks like cosmetics, possibly forks and wheels may be bent, and it looks to hold oil. I would say your motor is fine and parts are already being offered to you. Tally that list, you have a whole board ready to help you.

I don't have any parts available, but if Capt. or MC decides to have a paypal started for some "stuff", I would be willing to donate a few $$.
smile.gif

front rim is missing a 1'x2" chunk
thats not a rip in the seat thats part of the front rim

I have front pegs like new. I also have a pair of front turn signals off an 05. I would also chip in some cash if one of you guys want to start a fund. Anything I can do to help this sailor I'm in. Gee. $1K a month. I think I made $80 every two weeks when I was in the Navy, and yes they had metal ships then. LOL

Suggest taking your insurance policy to your base attorney, That would be a JAG officer in the Army & let them see what kind of coverages you have. I don't know about other states but in the 3 that I have lived in you need to have full coverage (comp, if its stolen or vandalized & collision if its wrecked) other wise you can stop making payments on it & let the loan company repossess it. In its current state it is not worth what you owe on it soooooo the loan company will take a big hit so they require collision coverage before you get the loan.

As far as parts go I can donate:
a pair of amber front signals
A pair of stock rear signals
a pair of stock exhaust cans
a pair of stock bar ends
windshield off a 04 black purple, it has a purple tint
a new pair of buell rider pegs.
Stock upper tree bar clamp
I may have some stock grips & some other misc items, will have to check the parts box.

(Poppy @ Sep. 12 2006,20:57) I don't have any parts available, but if Capt. or MC decides to have a paypal started for some "stuff", I would be willing to donate a few $$.
smile.gif
Let's see what he needs and try to get him fixed with parts.... $$ could follow shortly...

I have:

Front pegs, great condition!
Stock windscreen with a Kanji logo on it (looks like it is etched in glass)
Clutch and brake handles
And money if needed.
Any of this is yours for free.

Just let us know, Bro.

Stop getting depressed, your BUSA will burn up the pavement again, rubber side down that is
smile.gif

I can't imange that if your in the service that there is not a fellow serviceman that won't help you work on your bike, even an officer might help getting some work done on base, get out a list and this site will pull for you! it's amazing how helpful everyone is here! you just need to take a big breath and start working on her, take it from me since I just crashed and have taken 2 months to get mine together it's worth the effort..
beerchug.gif

finance on cc and no collision needed..

lots of people doin' that now-a-days...

could be financed that way and no coll/comp needed.

I cant believe the generosity of this comunity. I do appricate everything yall are trying to do for me. I guess the best thing to do is get an estimate done on the bike, "again....". The thing Is I dont trust any of these shops around here in San Diego to do the estimate. Lee's Cycles seems stuck up, and your money isnt good enough for them. House of Moto seems to busy to do a thorough job. But wherever I take the bike, its gonna be sitting there for a while i guess. At the moment its at a toe truck yard, a friend of my LPO's.

I just need to figure out where to take my bike, to get the estimate done or to get someone to take a look at the bike. Once again I appricate the support from everyone. And once I get my bike back together again, im upgrading the rotor's and break pad's and braided lines before I take it back out for a Sunday's ride.

Thanks again everyone.

super.gif

Why do you need an estimate? Break out the tool kit from under the hump and start removing panels and posting pictures. Is there more damage on the other side? From that pic it looks mostly cosmetic.

And have you actually looked at your insurance papers? Scan them and post the image. Bad part is, if you signed the dotted line on a policy that didn't have collision, no lawyer is going to bail you out of that one. At $2100 a year I find it hard to believe you don't have full coverage including collision...what you pay every 6 weeks is enough to pay my entire full coverage policy for the YEAR. Or did you mean $175 a year which sounds right for a policy without collision?

Stock cans of you need them...

I see now that many people have exhaust if you need it. I wish I had more but that's all I've got.

I have a clear brake light that I'm willing to part with. However, coming from "The Rock", it may be better if I donated funds.

I don't have the luxury of checking the board everyday. So, if some sort of an account is setup to donate funds, somebody holla at me: donald.scott2@okinawa.army.mil

One standard, One Corps, One Army; Hooah!!!

I can't believe Iam doing this but I hope that old saying goes what comes around goes around is true. I have a New fiberglass nose piece I just got 2 weeks ago you can have.

I'am going out of town till the 20th if you are interested just email me and I will send it out then,if you can wait.

Back