2003 rear seat lock stuck....

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
k, so the dealer snapped the rear seat back on in the OPEN LOCK position. You know what I mean, right? Turning key doesn't work to unlock and remove seat. I noticed this long after I was home with it (months) so not going back and tell them to fix it. I'm a man, I got this.

So far I have yoinked the front part up enough where I could reach under and accidently unhooked that little wire and ball cord that releases the seat. My bad. Anyway, short of ripping the seat clean off, is there anyway to release that stupid notch/lock/mechinism/thingy?

(yeah, I haven't been here forever, etc)

that pull wire came off. :) Thus, the issue :D im goign to look for blue prints of the mechanism so I can see what I am dealing with because it appears to be enclosed ina metal box to deter someone breaking into it easily. which it is succeeding at, admirably

k, so the dealer snapped the rear seat back on in the OPEN LOCK position. You know what I mean, right? Turning key doesn't work to unlock and remove seat. I noticed this long after I was home with it (months) so not going back and tell them to fix it. I'm a man, I got this.

So far I have yoinked the front part up enough where I could reach under and accidently unhooked that little wire and ball cord that releases the seat. My bad. Anyway, short of ripping the seat clean off, is there anyway to release that stupid notch/lock/mechinism/thingy?

(yeah, I haven't been here forever, etc)
If turning the key didn’t unlatch the seat, it means they never hooked the cable back up, don’t think it was you that did that. Like fallenarch said, several people have gone through this and posted some info on the forum about how to open it with the coat hanger method.

Clothes
Hanger .

Just grab
the latch
and pull .

Done it several times
and like you someone
else was always the one
who put the seat / hump on .

Laugh out loud !

:lol:

Awesome I will give it a try. Dealer put it on, but I for sure knocked the wire off. I thought I could pull it and release, but then it just fell off. My lock is on the opposite side of that video, may be harder to reach but worth a shot! Thanks!

Awesome I will give it a try. Dealer put it on, but I for sure knocked the wire off. I thought I could pull it and release, but then it just fell off. My lock is on the opposite side of that video, may be harder to reach but worth a shot! Thanks!
Got to mine by un bolting undertail completely then reaching up through back to release/pull on lever.

Gangster video showing how to break in to a trunk & to keep your gun next to the factory tool kit. What's not to like.
:fire:

I am wanting to not remove whole back faring if possible.
Also, the wire to the release lever is loose/off.
Also also, I think the release is covered/protected by a plastic box on the underside of the seat.
Also also also, discovered I no longer own one single metal coat hanger :D

Which end of the wire is off? The key end or the latch end? Any dry cleaners will have a wire coathanger.

Back