2003 hayabusa

carloco

Registered
Does anyone knows if the design of the hayabusa is going to change for the new model 2003....

or we are just going to have new colors for 2003?

Hey, does anybody know when info leaks out about the 2003 and where to find this info.
lookaround.gif

Just wait until the end of October like the rest of us.
biggrin.gif

I don't think they will be making any major changes for 2003. 2004 has already had 'rumors' though.
wink.gif

Hello Narcissus,

Waiting till the end of Oct takes way too much patience

Those rumors of 2004 that I have seen don't sound good. :argue:

I've 'heard' 1400 CCs for 2004.

The 165 limit will probably happen as planned, but there's always a way around that.

Who knows...
confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td> (bigshark @ Aug. 03 2002, 14:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The dealer in MA here told me that 2002 was the last year for the hayabusa[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Dealers are notorious for 'saying' a whole lot more than they actually 'know'.
wink.gif

I have heard that the Haybusa is going to be canceled since 2000 models. But I wouldnt be surprised if they restrict it more. At a local dealer, there are 2 salesman who have wreaked their busas, and both are due to taking turns too fast. There are alot of people who arn't spending enough time learning to ride these bikes, and simply treating them like another gixxer, or r1. This WILL lead to the banning of these high performance bikes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td> (Odyssey @ Aug. 03 2002, 17:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I have heard that the Haybusa is going to be canceled since 2000 models. But I wouldnt be surprised if they restrict it more. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

2004 will be going to 165. This was planned way back in 2000 as they eventually want to go to 155 to match the limiters on cars. Does it really affect us? Not really, as we can always find ways around limiters.
wink.gif

There are alot of people who arn't spending enough time learning to ride these bikes, and simply treating them like another gixxer, or r1. This WILL lead to the banning of these high performance bikes.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Very sad, but true. What really sucks is that if people actually learned to 'ride' before they 'rode' they would not have much of a market for fast bikes. I've known too many people on bikes without even an endorsement. It's all about looking cool and going fast. Why do you think 'motorcycles' are usually listed under 'recreation' in the papers' classifieds? It's transportation to me, first and foremost. When it becomes recreation, that's when I most risk screwing up something.

If these speed restriction rumors are true, then our pre-2003 bikes should do well on the used market, I would think.
aktion033.gif

It doesn't matter. 2001 and 2002 are restricted, but that hasn't stopped anyone from bypassing it. If they actually change the system, we'll just find another way around it.

PS, it looks like the early rumors that the TRE wouldn't work on the 2002 were just that, rumors. Some have FINALLY done tests and shown that they work, nothing too definite, but, hey, if I had one, that would have been the first thing I'd have done. People are getting lazy these days.
biggrin.gif

Narc is right, unless the next hayabusa is a 250cc, we will always find ways of riding ourselves of these restrictions. Next model may need a different capacitor rather than a resistor, or a pnp, diode, etc.

As far as rumors go. I much rather accept the cancellation of the Hayabusa than restricting it to 155mph. I don't think suzuki is willing to shoot itself in the foot, and let kawasaki takeover as the spped king for free. While the official speed wars may be over, Manufacturers know that word on the street sells their bikes. And I'm sure Suzuki knows that restricting the Hayabusa to 155 would set it up as a has been or a joke, not to mention a noncompetitive overweight GT sport-tourer. I'ld much rather see it go out of existance as the world faastest production sport-bike than go to its grave as a has been that limped to its demise at a mere 155mph.

I totally agree with Narc and Dez. These bikes are the king of the sport bikes. When I first saw and rode the Busa, it took my breath away. I decided then and there that the only bike to park in my garage was the Busa. I am just as much a fan of the Busa as my favorite NFL team; the San Francisco 49ers.
Whatever Suzuki decides, they just cannot go down in flames.
I know that all of you Busa owners know that feeling of being on top of the world. Busa is not just a motorcycle it's a state of mind. I can personally attest to that feeling. I live in a town of about 85,000 people (Lake Charles, La.) and there are a lot of bike riders. A lot of Harley's down here, but in the last two years, the sport bikes have been dominating. There are only 4 other Busa owners in my city and I feel proud in being part of an elite group. Same way I feel when reading all the posts to the board. We all seem to tend to forget about our other petty little differences that there may be in the world today and just enjoy the comraddery.
ernaehrung004.gif
ernaehrung004.gif
Just being part of the 'Busa Family' is an elite feeling in itself. No one seems to care if you are black, white, green, yellow, or purple.

** May have fallen off the subject a little, but this would sure make a damn good Suzuki commercial. Hey-Hey!!!

B.

ernaehrung004.gif

Back