2003 Hayabusa Spark Problem

Mine is fixed, a new fuel pump fixed it.
If Suzuki fitted stuff, then you must presume, that the bike runs well with said stuff fitted and connected .
Check the pump pressure first, check out my thread, that I started and it will give you a good idea of what pressure and readings, you should expect.
Syncing the throttle bodies is important and to a lesser degree the tps (throttle position sensor), to check the tps setting, you need to put the bike into 'dealer mode', with the help of a split pin, in the diagnostic plug (Google the procedure).
Electrical and fuel problems are tricky, a process of elimination.

If Suzuki spent hundreds of millions in design and development of these bikes, I'm guessing anything that they attach to the bike is useful lol, so, I'd connect everything up as standard and go from there.
Mine is now fixed, I did a fuel pump pressure test on the bike and found, i was only getting 20psi, over half of what the book says it should be (42psi), fitted the new pump and hey presto, full power, I cleaned my injector shields/filters, re synced the throttle bodies, with a vacuum gauge, put it back together and took it for a spin, it's like a rocket, how it should be.
Check out my most recent thread the checks for fuel pump and injectors are there (video), before and after fuel pump fitting.
Hope this helps.

Hey thanks for advice. Suzuki isn't always right. Have you read the owners manual. It says to shift into 6th gear by something like 45mph. Have you ever tried that? They write that stuff so people have no chance of wheeling or breaking the tires loose. If they wreck from too much power, they weren't following Suzuki recommendations. lol
Then again your bike is ruining, mine isn't. lol

Never read the owners manual, I can imagine there is a load of health and safety advice in there, considering a hayabusa, is basically a guided missile (when running right of course) lol.
Famous last words for my bike, since rebuild but it could be that I have my cams a tooth out, just about to go and check.
Did you get any luck with your problem?

Curious about if this ever got resolved?! Anyone care to chime in? I am having a similarly odd problem. New fuel pump, bike primes and cranks, cranks a bit slower than what I would be used to but my battery was a bit low on charge (maybe that was the culprit?)

Back