2003 Hayabusa $9000 out the door , is that a good

Yes I would consider a good price, my 2003 40th sepcial costs the dealers like 9200, and I think mine was like $500.00 more than a regular Busa. So with that assumption, I would say the dealer probably paid at least $9100.l00 so if you are getting it for $9000.00 out the door (and when I mean out the door I mean tax, license, packing etc) if you are riding off into the happy sunset only $9000.00 less in your pocket, then I think the dealer is eating some money there just to get rid of the bike so they can recoup what they can to make room for the 2004.

The 2004 are about the same price as the 2003 were selling for.... So yeah I would say it is a good deal, and the dealership at this point does not have a lot of choice BUT to start dumping their 2003 stock if they have any left.

Thrasher

Thrasher is right. MY dealer paid $9100 for mine and I got it OTD for $9600. I think its a hell of a deal.
smile.gif

allrighty then i jus bought me a 2003 Brand New hayabusa $9629 wif extended warenty out the door, silver & grey ,, bike was 8999 out the door , 630 for the extended warenty , welp i have a pice of mind for a few years @ least , a big thanks to ya'll
beerchug.gif

I just bought a brand new 04 last sunday and paid $9600 before tax, license and regestration. Grand total after all was said and done was $10,599.00.

Damn, I thought I got a good deal at $9670, my local dealer last August. I would call that a great deal on a new one. See if they will throw in the 48 mo. unlimited mile warranty too. Then it would be a schmokin' deal. My dealer buddy told me invoice was $9150, but then he lies alot too.

ARBTJ was that the last 03 they had? And if not what colors are left?

<!--EDIT|bossman
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076544187 -->

allrighty then i jus bought me a 2003 Brand New hayabusa $9629 wif extended warenty out the door, silver & grey ,, bike was 8999 out the door , 630 for the extended warenty , welp i have a pice of mind for a few years @ least , a big thanks to ya'll
beerchug.gif
I would go ahead and cancel the extended warranty! It's a big waist of money if you ask me. The way Suzuki is with these bikes it won't help you anyway. They will either cover it for a recall/service bulletin or they will tell you to take a hike anyway. I would take that $600+ and put it towards a good exhaust system!

Did you buy it from Canada by chance? I was curious because I got my 03 SE for $9,016 OTD!

im in oklahoma city , i bought it from the house of kawaski & use to be suzuki , they had a falling out with suzuki so all the bikes thats left goes back the 27th , i got the last one , they have a few other bikes left like the gsxr 1000 blue & white & a few others , i may cancel the extended warranty i havent took posision yet ill pick it up tuesday i could get it sooner but my week & weekend is packed , so what does everyone think ,, should i cancel the extended warranty ??/

<!--EDIT|arbtj
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076556776 -->

Welcome to the club
smile.gif
I got a similar great deal on my new 2003 last month! I found it on Cycle Trader. Dealer had bought out another's stock and I got the last one. There was a couple of other ads at that time. I passed on the warrantee--600$ can almost cover a problem and hopefully you won't have one anyways. Starter, chain tensioner, and subframe problems were solved in previous years.

Then I must be remembering something incorrectly... my dealer is charging $9200 + $100 setup for a new 2004 Busa. If invoice is $9100+, that doesn't leave a lot of room for profit. Hmmmm

I'll have to stop by tonight and see if I'm "in the market" for a new bike.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Turns out that I was wrong... it's $9300+$100. But still.
biggrin.gif

In any case, they have an '03 leftover that's exactly the same price. He told me that Suzuki doesn't cut them any breaks on leftovers so he can't pass it on since they don't make much on the bikes. I suppose if you're not specifically *really* looking for a silver one, it doesn't pay to get the '03. He said he thinks that once all you can get are the '04 Red Limited Edition bikes that the silver will sell fast.
wink.gif

im in oklahoma city , i bought it from the house of kawaski & use to be suzuki , they had a falling out with suzuki so all the bikes thats left goes back the 27th , i got the last one , they have a few other bikes left like the gsxr 1000 blue & white & a few others , i may cancel the extended warranty i havent took posision yet ill pick it up tuesday i could get it sooner but my week & weekend is packed , so what does everyone think ,, should i cancel the extended warranty ??/
I would say 'Pass' on the extended warranty. Now that your dealership is no longer a Suzuki dealership, then I would just keep the money for an exhaust system. Trust me! That will be one of the first mods you do besides a new windscreen. You just can't imagine how my local dealer treats me because I didn't buy my bike from them. I saved around $800 dollars by buying my bike out of Chicago (Champion Cycle). That also includes the $500 cost of getting the bike shipped to me here in Louisiana. Piss on em'!!!

Brian

You guys will want to shoot me then, when I bought my 2001 new it was being off loaded from the truck and still in the crate. The dealership COMPITITION ACCESSORIES IN SPRINGFIELD, OHIO was being bought out AGAIN. During each buy out they loose the value of the inventory on the floor. It was the salesmen's last day.

I PAID $6,600.00 w/extended warrantee out the door!. I then traded a 96 Katana 600 (mint w/5000 miles on it). Man I felt privlidged for one whole day in my life!

I kinda wish I would have kept the 600. WOuld have been a good teaching bike.

JD

If your close, FATJAP is selling his 2002 w/under 6000 miles on it for $7800 in San diego CA. Not too bad of a price there.

ICE

Toss the warranty if you could. Chances are you'll void it anyway with the smallest mods. If the bike holds up for a year it'll hold up for many more. I know someone that got turned down for a head gasket on a 03 1k because his bike was lowered 1.5''. Suzuki claimed that the lowering the pivot point caused un due stress on the motor. When the owner mentioned getting a lawyer because the dealer suggested lowering the bike, they honered the warranty.

I'm not a believer in extended warranties for bikes... Chances are within the first three months it'll be voided by the mods you make. And then you're still paying the warranty charge and interest they built into your financing..

My vote---CANCEL

Back