2003 busa vibration problem

03bluebusa

Registered
ok im new on the forum here but have had quite a few bikes but just got this busa which i love but am having this strange problem the bike has a vibration when you accelerate quickly then let off its actually sometimes pretty bad other times just a smalll shake you can always feel it in the handlebars and seems to be coming from front only the other thing is if your doing between 55 and 60 it begins vibrating ive never had a problem like this on a bike so any insight will be helpful

I had a vibration while de-accelerating, Once I changed front tire it went away, It could be something else, Lets see what others have to say.

most probable is the front tire,,looks are deceveing,,, rated tire with steel lin crossing thru it,,,,,Vibration on bike od auto at a certain speed and then going a way at a certain speed is diffentantly an indication that the tire is either out of balance or needs replacement,,,frisbee the tire into the dumpstermmnot worth getting kiiled over a 73 tire,,,derbycyles has michlens for 110 for the rear and 73 bucks for the front TYd no tax and free shipping and they are pilot powers,,,the power1 is like 10 bucks more,,,,,,,,,,,,

what is the history of the bike? crash in the past that may have tweaked the forks? still have the steering damper?

Was the new tire balanced correctly? Are the front forks on the same setting on each side? Spring and preload? Did you check the bearings when you had the front wheel off?

yes bearings had no side to side play i didn't actually pull them out of the wheel and inspect them but rolls freely and no play so i figured they were ok yes front forks are set same and preload dk about springs though

Back