2002 Stator Hub on a 2001

ssgunny

Registered
I am changing it since I am upgrading the ECU. Any heads up on what to expect? This is the first time I have done something like this. I have a M20x1.5 bolt from the autoparts store that was suggeted. I also have a new gasket also. Any advice on tools?

let me know how it goes im going to do the same thing just dont have the money right this second for everything.

Ok, the rotor is in and I have the stator cover off. Looking at the manual it appears that there is a special tool to hold the hub while loosening or tightening the bolt. Do you need this tool or is there something I could use as a substitute? I have a large Cresent that I have tried a time or two to hold the hub but it does not fit well enough for me to feel confident while breaking the bolt loose.

The hub is off! Before I put the new one on...

Is there a visual difference between a hub from a 2001 and a hub from a 2002-2007? I don't see any. Same amount of holes in the back wall. Same amount of dimples around the outside. The seller I purchased it on Ebay said that it was off his personal 2002 Hayabusa. Below are the markings I see around the outside of each hub.

2001 - 037000-4500 12BZ DENZO JAPAN C LLZ49

2002 - 037000-4500 10BX DENZO JAPAN V LLZ49

Here are some pictures.

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

I believe the older ones have 8 notches and the newer ones 20-22... something like that. Let me see what I can find....

EDIT 23 teeth on the 02 up unit.

Last edited:
DAMMIT!

Thanks Professor I really appreciate it. I guess I will have to contact the seller and try and return.

Last edited:
You have the wrong one,the one you need is one professor has pictured...those are identical ones you have pictured..Ebay you have to watch it as alot of folks don't realize they got a different motor in a newer bike and there are differences..

Yes, now I know. The seller was quick to respond and the part was sent back today. Speed King over on SuzukiHayabusa.org should have the correct one in the mail to me tomorrow. I can't wait to get the bike up and running again.

The new rotor arrived on THU and installed this past weekend. The bike fired right up and I will put some miles on it before I do anything else.

Stator Hub 2002-2007.jpg

did the stator also need to be changed -out? for an 03-07 I just got a 03-07 hub for my 1999.

did the stator also need to be changed -out? for an 03-07 I just got a 03-07 hub for my 1999.

How is it running compaired to the 16bit?

How is it running compaired to the 16bit?
I guess you are talking about the magneto. No that does not have to be changed but you will have some wire swaps to do since the 99 and 00 use the old harness.

It runs about the same. I did it to have the ability to reflash the ECU which I am about to get with smithabusa. I did the small airbox mod and PAIR removal at the same time so those had some affect also.

I guess I would like to add that I have put about 200 miles on the bike since I did these mods. Much of it has been on clover in second gear running anywhere from 5K-8K RPM. It has run very well and I am glad to have the TRE (bike is less edgy at lower RPM) and PCII off the bike.

I am just glad that the fix for the crankcase bolt I snapped is holding.

snapped crank case bolt...ouch. Invest in a torque wrench?
Back from the dead. To see what bolt it was to remove the hub.

mcbusaturbo, I did have a torque wrench but with exhaust headers in the way and using an extension the wrench didn't give like it should have and snapped the bolt. This was all to remove the bracket that mounts the air pump which I should have left alone. I ended up having to remove the headers and spending hours drilling, tapping and cleaning. Lesson learned.

Back