2002 SILVER/GREY WITH BLACK FRAME???

markyde

Registered
When, if ever, did they make a BUSA with silver/grey scheme and a black powder coated frame like the SE Busa? The only reason I ask is because there is one on eBay with a salvage title for 9500, I don't know about the price. Doesn't a salvage title cut book in half..... Well, Just my 2 cents. If anyone wants to try to figure it out I will put the link on here for it. Oh, I emailed the seller, he said bike was never down...? It is salvage cause of theft, and he is selling it for a friend? Thanks for the all knowing ears!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....ry=6027

thats pretty pimp with the black frame. but with a salvaged title i wouldnt pay more than 6500 for it. "never been down" means it wasnt totalled when it hit the telephone pole going 80mph. there is a sucker born every minute so he might get what he's looking for.

I will have to agree with Cisco because if you look closely the chain is all the way out on the adjuster thats pretty bad for 6500 mile bike I wouldn't truss it plus bikes that shine so much is very suspectful to me!

Keep Scrolling Down...This frankenstien thing is all cobbled together....

This bike is a Theft Recovery. Some of the parts were missing and have been replaced with parts from compatible 99 - 02 Hayabusa. To the best of our knowledge, here is what has been replaced:

*The left side exhaust is from a 99 - 01.

*The front axle bolt is from a 99 - 01.

*The bodywork is silver, but the frame and wingarm are from the black model.

*The guages are from a 99 - 00.

*The screens for the air intake are missing.

*There may be other items that we are not aware of, but we have represented this bike to the best of our knowledge. This bike is in EXCELLENT running condition.

Man, I would Avoid a Salvage Bike at all costs, if you werent there when it took the hit, your not going to have any idea whats going to happen next.

I did email the seller about this, he told me he got information from his "friend" about the bike. He said he was thinking about removing the auction. I feel really bad for the guy who ends up purchasing this bike. I would imagine it will be a headache trying to get it titled for the road. I didn't see all of the flaws, but the biggest thing that caught my eye was the black frame and NOT BLACK everything like the Midnight Falcon. Thanks guys for confirming my thoughts!!

Dudes check it out one exhaust pipe is chromed and the other is black like the older models!! What a bunch of crooks the bike looks too wonderful to be a straight bike.

I have no intention of buying that bike, but im interested in blacking out my frame and swingarm, that looks awesome IMHO. Black Powder coat here i come. hehe

biggrin.gif
wow.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif
suspect.gif

Am I the only one that noticed the Left mid-pipe is black, and the right mid-pipe is chrome?

black on one side, chrome on the other.....

eBay is cool, but you have to be careful.

Go ahead "Make My Day". That's what the fool is saying that listed the bike on Ebay.
If you want a Busa that has been damn near totaled then pick this one up. It has parts from all years included on this steal.
NO THANX

You can paint the frame yourself with little money and a bit less work than powder coating. The SE's are painted, not powder coated, BTW.

Get some high-temp engine paint, primer and low gloss black. Remove the panels, unbolt the swingarm (un-linking the chain helps a lot, but is not totally necessary). Sand down the frame, mask the engine and parts, prime, paint, dry for a day and you are done.

I painted and polished all my stuff 6 months ago and the only problem I have had is paint rubbing off next to the foot pegs, but I have touched it up already and will add a film to protect it when I get time.

That is just an option for the do-it-yourself-er. You can go further by dropping the engine and having the frame and swingarm powder-coated for about $200. That might be worth it if you do not want to worry about scratches, spills, etc.

thanks guys now I really feel bad about my salvage 02 with 3000 miles. $4500. for bike $500. parts

why won't my pic post
rock.gif
?

You can paint the frame yourself with little money and a bit less work than powder coating. The SE's are painted, not powder coated, BTW.

Get some high-temp engine paint, primer and low gloss black. Remove the panels, unbolt the swingarm (un-linking the chain helps a lot, but is not totally necessary). Sand down the frame, mask the engine and parts, prime, paint, dry for a day and you are done.

I painted and polished all my stuff 6 months ago and the only problem I have had is paint rubbing off next to the foot pegs, but I have touched it up already and will add a film to protect it when I get time.

That is just an option for the do-it-yourself-er. You can go further by dropping the engine and having the frame and swingarm powder-coated for about $200. That might be worth it if you do not want to worry about scratches, spills, etc.
To do this do i need heavier equipment like an electric sander and paint sprayer, or can i sand the frame by hand and a use spray paint(and have a extremely nice look)
rock.gif

Well guys Frankenstein didn't reach its reserve.  I wonder if the guy selling it is offering a second chance at "Wreck-dom".  The only thing missing from this bike was a piece or two from a 2003 Model.  I sure hope the bidders realized what they were getting into.  If not, I guess the old saying of "buyer beware" applies.  I wish them luck, especailly if they get offered a second chance to buy at $7900.  Gee, and to think, I paid only 1500 more than that for a new 2002 with extended warranty.  Makes you wonder where the people bidding are from and how high Busa's are there.

Back