2002 recall/info bulletin

mesmeralda

Registered
Hey I did a search for this recall/info bulletin but could not find it. Can someone give me a linky to it. It concerns early '02 busa with a starter problem linked to low voltage on a battery....end result is a cracked case. I want the dealer to check it out. Also if anyone has had any experience with this issue and how the it was resolved. thanks

Hey I did a search for this recall/info bulletin but could not find it.  Can someone give me a linky to it.  It concerns early '02 busa with a starter problem linked to low voltage on a battery....end result is a cracked case.    I want the dealer to check it out.  Also if anyone has had any experience with this issue and how the it was resolved.  thanks
There is no Recall never was

No recall on it, just a service bulletin. My 02 starter has been having problems for a lilttle bit now & finally the dealer called Suzuki & Suzuki is going to pay for the damaged parts..I heard about the 02 starters having a problem shortly after getting the bike in 02 & told the dealership about it. The dealer said there was nothing they could do about it until you have a problem with your starter since it isnt a RECALL. Sad thing is Suzuki knows there is a problem with the 02 starters, they just need to buck up & recall the damn things already.
My gasket in the starter was shot, so it has been leaking grease/oil slowly out of it. That grease/oil has turned my underside part of the fairings yellow..Not happy about this since it could have been taken care of a long time ago when Suzuki knew they had a problem with them.

Tell them to call Suzuki directly. My dealership said the same thing when I asked them that over a year ago. Seems to be their story.

Back