2002 Hayabusa gear won't engage

blackmatrix1st

Registered
Need a little help, I replace the sprockets and chain, along with the clutch and brake levers and also switch out my exhaust to a full exhaust. I put it all back together and now the clutch does engage at all. Bike goes thru all the gears but will not move even in first. I let the clutch out in first and nothing. Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm really at a lost... I'm thinking I must have done something or maybe everything is locked up....basically no ideal.

I'm thinking that when you took the cover off to change out the counter shaft sproket that you did not push the clutch slave cylinder back into its hole all the way before re-installing. Now the clutch stays permanantly engaged. Take that cover back off,push the cylinder back in its hole and re-install. To make it easy,loosen the bleed screw on the slave and push cylinder in all the way.

RSD.

I guess in theory,it could be one or two other things. You have forgotten to re-install the clutch actuation rod,or you have some how managed to bend it. The latter being highly un-likely. I'm 99% sure,my first post will take care of it.

RSD.

I guess in theory,it could be one or two other things. You have forgotten to re-install the clutch actuation rod,or you have some how managed to bend it. The latter being highly un-likely. I'm 99% sure,my first post will take care of it.

RSD.

Thank you for the advice well the rode isn't bent and it was in, somehow I manage to put slave cylinder in backwards also broke the case complete....manage to put all the bolts in wrong so I order a whole new set will be back on the road in a week.....

so the piston in the slave cyl came out and you put it in backwards?which would literally keep pressure on the clutch pushrod and not let the clutch engage?

Thank you for the advice well the rode isn't bent and it was in, somehow I manage to put slave cylinder in backwards also broke the case complete....manage to put all the bolts in wrong so I order a whole new set will be back on the road in a week.....

Come on people haven't we all tried to do something without the manual present we are men! Why pay a mechanic something as little as this hence do it yourself. And no I didn't put the rode in backwards but the thing that connects to the inside of the cover...

At a shop they would have given this job to some pimple-faced 18 year old kid...

and he could of fugged it up for ya. :laugh:

Don't sweat it dude...we all make mistakes...

Just not this bad....

:rofl:

RSD.

Come on people haven't we all tried to do something without the manual present we are men! Why pay a mechanic something as little as this hence do it yourself. And no I didn't put the rode in backwards but the thing that connects to the inside of the cover...

This why you take things apart in such a way that you don't end up doing things like this. Example, your pulling out bolts that hold a cover.

Take a piece of cardboard and draw a rough outline of the part and make holes for where the bolts came from and put them there.

Not only do you get the right bolt in the right hole... you don't have to remember where it went as you fish them off the floor or out of a can.

If the Busa is apart for a while you will find your memory has also come apart a little bit. Also take pictures if you don't have a manual with diagrams.

If you really want to get anal shoot a little video of it with a verbal description.

Anything is better than having to do stuff 2 or 3 times.

Back