2002 Busa

Seventhlore

Registered
I recently purchased a 2002 Busa. Are there any problems that I should be aware of for this particular year?. Starter etc..... It also seems to be making noise idling until I squeeze the clutch. Is there a bearing that goes bad?.

starter problem same as rest .otherwise none ive got 10k on mine no problems .noise at idle here too. no biggy hear it on others as well.

i just bought an 02 only thing i have heard about is the starter...just make sure u keep the start button down till it is running . dont bump the starter button.
other than that enjoy the bike... blu
biggrin.gif

When you pull in the clutch you disengage the tranny. With it out you are hearing the syncronized shafts spnning. All bikes (at least all that I have ridden) make that noise.

Welcome to the board and enjoy!

I've had my 02 for about a year and a half now and have had no problems at all, except for that damn SUV but that's another story.

The noise you hear at idle [when engine is cold] is the primary gears rattling their teeth...crank gear to clutch basket gear.....having a perfect throttle body sync will
help remove this noise mostly...not to worry about a bearing....Now the starter issue is kind of up in the air..We believe if you develop a major problem problem..re: broken case or stripped gear teeth or slipping sprague like i had..suzuki is aware of this and should warranty this for you...My 01 has been getting quieter...the gears..and starter is fine right now..15K and i ride it hard...
Welcome and ask us anytime you feel the need to...
smile.gif

Back