2002 BUSA (STOCK?)

IAMKS

Registered
SO I GOT THIS O2 BUSA AND WANT TO KNOW WHAT MODS I SHOULD DO TO IT. HAVE LOWERED BOTH FRONT AND BACK AND WANT TO MAKE IT NOT SO STOCK. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

l_b7faacc865811ff178ce816ef1e1a62f.jpg

What kind of mod are you looking for appearance or performance or both? There are lots of ideas on this site.

performance mostly. i just dont know where to start. some of the linggo i dont understand, tre, and genII are a couple of them. one mod will be a extended swing arm.

LOL, welcome, dont worry about the lingo, you will pick it up. You dont need the tre unless you plan to ride it faster than you really want to go.
firedevil.gif
The extended arm will be for looks only, unless you are going to the straight track. If she is bone stock, I would suggest an aftermarket exhaust, power commander control module, and invest in good tune on a dyno. Money well spent for some place to start. You can go off in her and do head work, big bore kit, etc. Then you can check out the turbo route, nitrous, etc. Take your time and have a plan on what you ultimately want to achieve so you dont waste you money.

This is my busa. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My busa is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My busa, without me, is useless. Without my busa, I am useless. I must ride my busa true. I must ride straighter than my enemy who is trying to beat me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I WILL...

just how many jar heads are there on here?  OOOOOOOOARRRRRRRR

LOL, I cant say "jar head" because I am not one, but we have many Marines on the board. Thanks for the quote, I love that one.

CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE TO LOOK FOR A TRE ON THE BIKE. WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IT REALY IS STOCK?
I KNOW IT HAS STOCK EXHAUST. WHAT ELSE DO I LOOK FOR??

to find the TRE If its like the 06 then if you take off the seat and pivot the gas tank up, now from the right side look under the back of the tank to the left side of the frame area and there should be a white looking 3 prong connecter.. if its got something splitting that connecter it could possibly be one.. They are usually cylinder or flat. but im sure you will be able to tell..

Some homemade one could be spliced on anywere from the sensor to the computer.

I happened to see a nice looking blue Busa yesterday in Topeka. Any chance it might have been yours? I'm seriously considering buying a Gen1 and installing a stage 1 turbo on it. I'm just researching the viability of long term reliability on an otherwise stock engine/tranny. As long as there are no long term reliability or drivability issues a small turbo seems like a solid way to make good power.
dunno.gif

Back