2002 Busa Speedo

2 Buku

Registered
I just bought a used (2300 mi)2002 Hayabusa and rode it on a 1700 mile trip 2 weeks ago. I used a GPS on the trip and the spedo on the GPS and the speedo on the busa do not jive! Also In Pennsilvaina (forgive spelling) I aquired a speeding ticket (that was not a moving violation- go figure) for 85 and my speedo sez 95. The prevous owner swears that the bike is stock and he bought it new. I am going to test the speedo side by side with my 2004 saturn and see what the deal is.
Does anyone have the same problem of herd of a simular situation?
2 BUKU

Its called the "Suzuki Thrill Factor".

Speedos are off by 6-10%, depending on who you talk to.  I guess Suzuki thinks this helps saves lives, makes riders think they're faster than they really are, but its an annoyance for those of us who know about it!

There are speedo healers and yellow boxes that help correct. But if you really want exact speed, GPS is the only way.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101932644 -->

If properly calibrated with a GPS or similar instrument, your guages should be very close to 99% accurate. By the way, I couldn't help but laugh when you said that you would use your Saturn to check the Busa's speedo...
laugh.gif

If properly calibrated with a GPS or similar instrument, your guages should be very close to 99% accurate.  By the way, I couldn't help but laugh when you said that you would use your Saturn to check the Busa's speedo...
laugh.gif
He didn't mention the part about parking lot speed with the Saturn.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

THANK YOU for your input and replies! This was my 1st "RePLY TO A POST"!
Well back to the subject- So one of you think that it should be 99% and the other sez up to 10% off. Im so confused!
Tell yousses guysses what, I will continue the testing and "UPgrade" My testing tools. If it is off 8 to 10 MPH at 85-95, is it going to be off more percent with greater speed?
And what is the deal with the little yellow box?

2BUKU

Busa speedo off by approx +8%. Get a speedohealer and it is fixed with high speed recall as well.
smile.gif

Hey,
Justintime-- I see in your profile that you have a gear indicator on your Busa... I started my love for Suzuki
in-line 4s in 1977 with the GS 550E. It and my 1977 GS 750E both had the coolist LED gear indicator. It baffles me why more top end bikes do not have this feature. Even my 03 Goldwing is cursed with the ever so non informative 'N' Green light only.
Tell me more about this Gear indicator--------------

2 BUKU

2 Buku, Busa speedo's are out of whack. They are only off a little bit up to about 60-70MPH, but they become wildly innacurate at the high end. It's just part of the deal. Trust your GPS. The best fix is a Speedo healer.

No worries though it's not just you, it's every motorcycle just about.

THANK YOU for your input and replies! This was my 1st "RePLY TO A POST"!
Well back to the subject- So one of you think that it should be 99% and the other sez up to 10% off. Im so confused!
Tell yousses guysses what, I will continue the testing and "UPgrade" My testing tools. If it is off 8 to 10 MPH at 85-95, is it going to be off more percent with greater speed?
And what is the deal with the little yellow box?

2BUKU
I said the speedo is off by 6-10% for stock.
Bacharles said with GPS, yellow box, speedo healer you can make your speedo 99% accurate.

Hope this clarifies

Actually according to SH and the SH's built in signal generator for testing, the Busa speedo does not have any linearity error. Meaning it's error rate should be the same from bottom to top!
smile.gif

Back