2001 turbo? How to derestrict

arthur39

Registered
Have my eye on a 2001 busa, concern is the 16 bit restricted ECU... anybody know easiest way to derestrict the Ecu without a TRE? Or do I have to change the ecu, harness etc. etc.,, which means I will look for an 02 or newer, just a real good deal on the 01 with low miles,,... just want to remove all restrictions for turbo without a tre (i like the ECU flash just won't work on these years), any opinions or ideas on this?? thanks

jdsbusa

Registered
Art - I assume this means no luck on your bike?

Check out boostbysmith.com. For about $25 you can buy a switch/harness assembly that changes your system to 1-N-2-3-4-5-5 effectively eliminating the restriction and without the negative effects of a TRE. I have a covered switch that Greg put on mine rather than the normal one he uses so if you want to customize it send him an email with what you're after. He's a very accommodating guy and a great business person to deal with!

Here's a linky! http://www.boostbysmith.com/highgain.html Looks like the price is slightly higher than I quoted but still very reasonable and it WORKS!! :thumbsup:

arthur39

Registered
no luck, yet, have more info, just need to move forward at this point, weather is getting nicer, good idea on the harness, I'm gonna be patient, it's been a rough couple of months, selling everything and working extra to get something else, still some good deals out there, definately costs more early spring, I may wait, for something, Turbo is on next years agenda, major anti theft investments this year, as well as some other goodies :whistle:

jdsbusa

Registered
no luck, yet, have more info, just need to move forward at this point, weather is getting nicer, good idea on the harness, I'm gonna be patient, it's been a rough couple of months, selling everything and working extra to get something else, still some good deals out there, definately costs more early spring, I may wait, for something, Turbo is on next years agenda, major anti theft investments this year, as well as some other goodies :whistle:

You might wanna check with Travis (fstbusa). He has an '03 Anniversary he was talking about selling, not sure if he sold it or not. He has a ghetto kit installed by motorhead on it.

GSX1300R-T

Members For Members
Donating Member
Registered
Use an ATRE (active timing retard eliminator). It's a little more money,.......but much more adjustability than a standard TRE. The neutral map is untouched. I put this on my 01 roughly 2 months after I purchased it. Still to this day,..........no issues!! Good luck on your quest!!:beerchug:

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
or if you want 1n23455 de-restriction (the only way that makes sense to me) healtech custom makes these for me Cycle nice gear indicator, smaller display, and 1n23455 de-restriction :)

arthur39

Registered
here we go again

3k13ob3p35Y45O65S2a4e4e453467aa241f68.jpg

jdsbusa

Registered
Is that a N/A motor or is there a hair dryer hiding under that body work with a stock exhaust can for ultimate stealth? ???

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netrograd