2001 Hayabusa Not starting

scottyhendrix

Registered
Hey fellas got a few issues. I have a 2001 hayabusa and a few weeks ago I noticed that the throttle was “lagging” and kind of unresponsive at times. I thought maybe it was a spark issue because it happened at low revs. Took everything off, spark plugs were basically black. Changed the plugs, the gaps on the new ones is super close to the old. I turn the key on, fuel pump primes everything looks good but I hit the ignition the bike cranks but doesn’t turn over. Battery read right at 12 V. I’ve double checked everything and don’t see a glaring issue. Any ideas?

Hey fellas got a few issues. I have a 2001 hayabusa and a few weeks ago I noticed that the throttle was “lagging” and kind of unresponsive at times. I thought maybe it was a spark issue because it happened at low revs. Took everything off, spark plugs were basically black. Changed the plugs, the gaps on the new ones is super close to the old. I turn the key on, fuel pump primes everything looks good but I hit the ignition the bike cranks but doesn’t turn over. Battery read right at 12 V. I’ve double checked everything and don’t see a glaring issue. Any ideas?
If the battery is right at 12 v, it might not have the proper cranking amps...I take it the bike is cranking but not firing...these bikes need a real good strong battery to fire the coils....

Last year my bike was acting up when starting (especially when hot), I checked the battery and it was a touch over 12v at rest...I replaced the battery and the bike has had zero issues since....

If the battery is right at 12 v, it might not have the proper cranking amps...I take it the bike is cranking but not firing...these bikes need a real good strong battery to fire the coils....

Last year my bike was acting up when starting (especially when hot), I checked the battery and it was a touch over 12v at rest...I replaced the battery and the bike has had zero issues since....
I have to be at 12.4V to start.

Back