2001 clutch question

flyby

Registered
hi guys:
i've got an 01 busa and was looking at the clutch while rebuilding the motor, and i have no clue what i got. the service manual says different than what im looking at in the motor, so someone has been in here messing around. The clutch works fine, with the lever or with the air shifter with no slippage that I can notice, but since i added a turbo, thought i would inspect before riding this spring.

mine has nine clutch discs and 8 steel plates; they are all within spec. the stack is just under 2", and there is one steel plate thicker than the others. no stack height in the manual mentioned.

my springs measure 1.5" in length. the manual says they should be under 1"? It isn't stiff at all in the lever.
my service manual is for 1999-2000.
I know suzuki changed the clutch around 2001 but i don't know what they changed. I also know it changed in the gen 2.

does someone know what is supposed to be in there? searching the web just gets me many different stats. It seems that it doesn't really matter with guys swapping discs from zx14's and gen 2 busa; heck, even my blackbird clutchs and discs are the same, just skinnier. stack height seems to be irrelevant also.
thanx

Photo-0013.jpg

Photo-0014.jpg

Photo-0023.jpg

Photo-0024.jpg

As long as the stack measures right around 2inch you are fine!
As far as the springs, they are probably aftermarket ones, again no need to worry!

Listen to John, its way too early for him to be drunk so hes probably on his A game bahahaha:rofl::rofl:
As long as the stack measures right around 2inch you are fine!
As far as the springs, they are probably aftermarket ones, again no need to worry!

Does it have the wave washers in the back of the clutch? Or nothing at all?

The wave washers were Suzuki's version of a clutch cushion. I cannot remember which year they changed it...

Back