2000 top speed limiter

Powerlift00

Registered
I'm new to this board and also a new 'Busa owner. It's now 2:21 am and I still can't stop reading all the great information on this site. Still, I have a question. How do I get rid of the top speed limiter on my 2000 Hayabusa. I also read about a "yello box". What is it and where can I get one?

nervous.gif
WOW! I've only been up to 160mph on my 2000 busa in 5th gear with more to spare...had to shut it down... too nervous. I humblely submit to you guys who can handle the 200 + range. I noticed the bike handled fine but everything was just coming at me too fast and took quite a distance to slow down. I noticed today I feel comfortable at about 120 or so. maybe withtime & experience. . . Keep the faith. Have fun and be as safe as you can. - KMC

I would like to know more about the speed limiter on the 2002 as i'm ordering one . I don't want to brake the law or anything but I don't need the goverment telling how fast I can go . Also will 2" d&d slip-ons fit and do I need to do any ajustments to the bike ?  
P.S. Hawaiibusa , wish I was there , I grew up in Ewa beach

I have also heard the 99s and 00s weren't speed limited (anything with the 220mph speedo, I guess). My 01 supposedly is limited, but the original question stands - how do I get rid of it? I have heard from one source that it is just a black wire somewhere to cut, but not sure about it. Any definitive knowledge out there? Captain?

Go to your local Suzuki Dealer and get a TRE Eliminator, they are $79.00 here in Oklahoma City..They plug inline and from what I understand it remaps the gearing/timing..I'm not a Busa owner yet, but I have heard about this from friends and I know that the Suzuki dealer said that it was called a TRE eliminator..

I can tell you how to do it for nothing and I also know wher eyou can get a switcheable TRE for $15 shipped to your doorstep. Switchable meaning you can turn it on or off with th eflip of a switch. Installing the TRE smooth's out the lower RPM's on the busa and makes it fell like butta! It also tricks the bike into thinking it is only in 5th gear therefore the 6th gear maps are bypassed and thus eliminates the top speed limiter. Mail me for more info...I have been doing my homework on this!

Billy

Get a TRE from APE performance. Install is about 15 min. Prop tank up and find the right plug with right color wires as per instructions and your set.

But with a 185mph speedo you won't know when you're going faster unless you carry a GPS unit that records highest speed attained during a run.

Here is some good info on top speed runs..trust me I know.

1] CROSSWINDS! Very dangerous. Only do topspeed runs with the wind in front or behind you. Calm mornings or nights are best. An unintentional lane change of 12 feet or more is scary! Especially if you run out of pavement.

2] Know the road before do it. Know it well, real well.

3] Do not choose roads that have that slight drainage inclination every 200 yards or so. That very slight rise and fall at 196mph will compress your front suspension and that very slight rise will cause the rear to loose traction as the bike literally becomes airborne for a fraction. Yes I've done it! No more undulating roads for me. SCARY!. Yes if you had wings you'd be flying.

4]The road you choose must have no side roads.
180mph = 3miles/minute.

5] After 160mph just stay tucked with just your eyes over the windscreen. It's easier to apply steering inputs without having to fight wind. Fairing will blow wind right over without buffetting you starting at about 140mph.

6] Never fixate at speedo. Just glance now and then at it.

7] Don't freak out if when you're going 190mph and you suddenly chop the throttle closed after you realized how crazy you are. The Busa will slow down so fast it will shove you forward forcefully and you have'nt even touched the brakes!

I took mine up to 196mph indicated. I have a 2000 Blue & Silver Busa.

Later.
Good Luck.
Don't forget to check tires and things before going all out. Sort of like a preflight inspection.

Be safe. BusaPrime
ernaehrung004.gif

I know for a fact that 178 is pretty damn weird. goin that fast and hittin just the littlest of bumps will send you into orbit, front wheel lifts off, rear becomes alittle squirrely and every thing on the road becomes a blurr.

when people tell you not to fixxate on the speedo, trust me, dont do it!! pay attion to the road, it will save your life, expectial when your commin up on a car that just has to be in your lane.

and I know this isnt safe and its kinda hard to keep your head attacted to your body, but seein the look on the face of the person you pass at that speed is worth a million bucks!

I can tell you how to do it for nothing and I also know wher eyou can get a switcheable TRE for $15 shipped to your doorstep. Switchable meaning you can turn it on or off with th eflip of a switch. Installing the TRE smooth's out the lower RPM's on the busa and makes it fell like butta! It also tricks the bike into thinking it is only in 5th gear therefore the 6th gear maps are bypassed and thus eliminates the top speed limiter. Mail me for more info...I have been doing my homework on this!

Billy
I will do more research on this 15 tre, I used to make my own before the busa came out, I used to call it the wheely wire on the old gsxr 1100's.
When the busa came around I used to just install a 10 cent resistor in line with the gear position sensor (which tells the ecu its in 5th gear constantly) untill someone came out with the original connectors and did the same thing neatly. Then it was only 15$$
Now that there is all this hype about a 10 cent resistor it's amazing how prices change!!! There is even a company in europe that sells one for around 150 euros which I bought only to take apart to see a bunch of non funtional electronics! Amazing!

But on the safety note, these other guys on this thread know what they are talking about with 160+ mph runs, let me just add, make sure your helmet fits very snug. Ive been 207 (by GPS unit aboard a supercharged busa) with more to spare but fear settles in. I would do more on a track like maxton or texas but untill then...

Keep it safe!!
whatsatre.png

+1 as every one says play it safe. I have had the Busa to 160 and it is very intimidating. Respect the power and enjoy.

Billy
I will do more research on this 15 tre, I used to make my own before the busa came out, I used to call it the wheely wire on the old gsxr 1100's.
When the busa came around I used to just install a 10 cent resistor in line with the gear position sensor (which tells the ecu its in 5th gear constantly) untill someone came out with the original connectors and did the same thing neatly. Then it was only 15$$
Now that there is all this hype about a 10 cent resistor it's amazing how prices change!!! There is even a company in europe that sells one for around 150 euros which I bought only to take apart to see a bunch of non funtional electronics! Amazing!

But on the safety note, these other guys on this thread know what they are talking about with 160+ mph runs, let me just add, make sure your helmet fits very snug. Ive been 207 (by GPS unit aboard a supercharged busa) with more to spare but fear settles in. I would do more on a track like maxton or texas but untill then...

Keep it safe!!
whatsatre.png
If he hasn't figured it out in 5 years, I'm not sure he ever will
laugh.gif

Back