2000 model faster than 2001 model?

Dr.Manhattan

Registered
I am assuming it has to do with the exhaust, and not having it properly dynoed, however I notice that my old mans 2000 Hayabusa has much better acceleration than my 2001. I have a Boz Bro B2 Moira 4-1 full exhaust. My dad has dual Yoshimura RS-3 slipons mounted on his. Neither bike has a power commander. Soon as you inch the throttle on my dads bike you can instantly feel the torque take off. As for my bike the throttle does not roll on with nearly as much power; you have to apply more twist before the power comes to the bike. The speed limiter has been taken off my bike, but we are talking about 0-100 here. I was just wondering if the 1999 - 2000 models were just faster before the ban on the speed was implemented, however from what I've read the engine remains untouched. Anyone have any ideas if there was any specific model difference that would cause this?

the only difference I know if is in the ECU. exactly what's different I couldn't say except the early models were 8bit and the 01 is a 16 bit. you both original owners? maybe your old mans had some work done to it he doesn't know about. air box mods or ecu reflash. 32 bit conversion perhaps. there are more questions then answers in situations like.

Yes. Always the fastest color too. :thumbsup:

8429372098_79ab35dafc_o.jpg

U say have to apply more twist to the throttle, maybe he has a throttle tube mod..that would make a difference ..

i bet the old man is screwing with ya...been modding on the side and you just dont know it!!! I would do that to my kid then give him sh1t for just being slow:)

Thanks for the suggestions, however my friend Mikbusa nailed it down. My dad has the TRE installed on his bike, and I had forgot about that! Thanks guys!

I've only piloted two busas...on was a 99 that i crashed, rebuilt and then sold, and then my current 2000. 99 was bone stock except for slip ons, iridium plugs and a 16/42 combo. She was a mean old girl...if i leaned back far enough, she would lift her wheel in third. And that's when she was on her best behavior. ???

My 2000 has a PC3 USB, M4 exhaust and is raised in the rear. Stock sprocket combo, so she's a little more tame. She's my middleweight fighter...she's sprung tight and is light on her feet and has enough power to catch you offguard. A tad more nimble, but then again, she's had her suspension massaged a bit.

So...analysis?
1999 - Fire snorting bruiser. Agile enough in the turns, but a wicked witch any time the throttle goes past 1/4 turn.
2000 - That 200lb defensive end that laid you out that one time in bandcamp. Agile, but linear power delivery.

Thanks for the suggestions, however my friend Mikbusa nailed it down. My dad has the TRE installed on his bike, and I had forgot about that! Thanks guys!

I thought the 2000 model Busa came unrestricted from the factory. Why would his dad need a TRE ?

Yes. Always the fastest color too. :thumbsup:

8429372098_79ab35dafc_o.jpg

Got that right!

I thought the 2000 model Busa came unrestricted from the factory. Why would his dad need a TRE ?

The TRE on a 2000 removes the timing retard on the lower gears. It also uses the 5th or 6th gear fuel map on the lower gears. I used to have one on my 2000 before I did the 32bit upgrade and flashed the ECU and it did make a noticeable different over the stock 2000 especially in the lower gears.

Got that right!

The TRE on a 2000 removes the timing retard on the lower gears. It also uses the 5th or 6th gear fuel map on the lower gears. I used to have one on my 2000 before I did the 32bit upgrade and flashed the ECU and it did make a noticeable different over the stock 2000 especially in the lower gears.

Thanks! I learned something new about the 2000!

Back