2000 Hayabusa won't start

mrbush803

Registered
HELP!!!!
OK, here we go. 2000 Hayabusa was wrecked back in 2011/2012 and sat in the garage up until Nov/Dec of 2018. Once I got it, I refreshed everything (radiator and fluid, oil & filter, clutches, new battery, etc). I also converted the Fuel tank to the tank with the internal fuel pump due to the original tank having excess rust and old gas. Once I got it running, it ran fine, revved fine, went through all the gear and fan functioned as needed. All this time, I have it on stands still because I need new tires for it. I went back maybe a weekend or 2 afterwards to try to crank it. It almost fired up for a second. Hit the start button again to start and the fuel line popped off spilling a little bit of gas. Hooked it back up and secured it. Cleaned up the spilled gas cause I don't need a fire lol. Went to start again and it's just been spinning ever since. Fuel pump comes on, Unhooked fuel line on both ends and its pushing gas, Pulled plugs and coils and they are firing, pulled injectors and they are firing, pulled off the small cover on the side along with the valve cover to check and make sure it didn't jump timing...it didn't. So now, I'm lost. Someone please help me. I tried spraying starter fluid down the throttle bodies and it still wouldn't crank up.

I didn't check. It was good though cause I had my cables hooked to my marine battery sitting beside the bike while I was cranking for backup lol IDK if that'll make a difference or not

UPDATE: since the last time, i took the battery out and put it on my charger in the house. I went yesterday and got some new spark plugs and grabbed my buddy's ecu out of his gen 1 just in case. Put in the new plugs and reconnected the battery, fired right up. I believe my old plugs were too far fouled out from constant spinning. Didn't even need the other ECU. Thanks guys

UPDATE: since the last time, i took the battery out and put it on my charger in the house. I went yesterday and got some new spark plugs and grabbed my buddy's ecu out of his gen 1 just in case. Put in the new plugs and reconnected the battery, fired right up. I believe my old plugs were too far fouled out from constant spinning. Didn't even need the other ECU. Thanks guys
Downside is that you changed two independent things, so you don't really know if it was plugs or voltage, upside is it runs!

Back