2000 Hayabusa Running Problems...

Kevin Sakamoto

Registered
Hello new to hayabusa's this is my first one but not my first bike.
Got it used of course with 44k miles on it clean title never been down ( on paper at lest )

So I was riding home on it on my way home on the freeway i did a pull in 3rd gear to redline past 7k rpm i got a hiccup and a F1 light flashed kept riding till I got off my exit only afew blocks or so away from where it happened pulled over to a gas station and with the bike still running got code C27 ( bad #4 coil ) turned it off went and had a smoke waiting a few mins till I said good time it ill drive it home turned it back on and it wouldn't start had another code C11 ( CPS ? or wiring ) gave it full throttle when starting it and it started drove it home with F1 light on now with C27 and C11 registered in the back of my mind what should I do first to eliminate or fix whats wrong with it ?

Any help is welcomed please and thank you.

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure Some of the more experience guys and mechanics will be here shortly to give you some advice.

Lift the tank and have a look @ #4 coil to make sure the pin connector is on correctly . Then push it down onto the plug . You could also use a digital multi meter to read the Ohms on the coil to see if its in spec . I have had a few stick coils read/test good but when hot after riding they fail or cut out .
Recommend replacing as a set of 4 if you find this to be the case . She is 16 years old now . What is your voltage on the battery ?

Changed the oil because it was black as good time and idk when the last time it was changed so yeah
lifted the tank checked and cleaned connectors to the CPS and all the coil plugs ( should of done a comp test and check the plugs but forgot and now i remembered lol )
started bike drove it around for a few mins no F1 codes or hiccups but I also didn't drive it super hard like i did when it happened will do that tomorrow when ether on my way to or from work ill keep you all posted

Thanks for the help so far :D

Got it running again with jumper cables... Took the plugs out ordered new ones no codes now but idk what the deal is going to remove cps sensor and check every connector for dirt or fried wires and vacuum lines for cracks. Wish me luck

Also was wondering if i can just change the fuel pump to a car walboro 255 pump looks the same on pictures is all and i have new ones here

Last edited:
Anyone know where I can buy off ether ebay or anywhere on the net the whole petcock with filter and the filter in the fuel pump assembly ?

Okay replaced fuel pump put after market fuel filter on it as well as replaced the internal ones and bike runs great except speedo stop working .... Every now and then it starts working but once i slow down it stops again .... So like for 5 mins on a hr ride it might work ... What should i look at first ? Any good links ?

Hey Kevin,
You have some interesting things going on there.
Are you fairly convinced you have the issues that were causing the codes solved?
With regards your most recent issue, is it only your speedo that stops working, does the Tach and the gauges continue to function?

Back