2000 Busa Was Running Then Died

CoastTooCoast

Registered
Hello: Just want to say thanks to everyone and intro myself to the site. I am the original owner, the bike is a 2000 GSXR1300 only mod is Vance and Hines slip ons.
The bike has 17,000 miles and had been running rough lately. It would stall at lights, I would have to add throttle to keep it from stalling. The bike was running on the stand then stopped. I tried several times to restart. The FI indicator light blinks once and repeats, the clock also displays FI. Not sure what the problem is. I ordered an after market fuel pump to install in the fuel assembly. I have since taken out the air box, fuel pump assembly and injectors. I'm in the process of replacing the plugs. I think it might be the fuel pump relay. I put a test light to the leads it didn't light. Thanks for any help!

Welcome along, :welcome:
First thing to do is put it in 'Dealer Mode', search the forum for that, and let's see what the code is logged in the ECU memory.

Hope you tried the completely obvious thing of draining and replacing fuel.
Good luck.
And welcome!
Troy

The early out of tank pump, set up was the worst, they suffered badly from rust in the tank, which will clog up the gauze filter, on the other end of the fuel tap, that protrudes into the fuel tank, remove the two bolts that hold it in and ease it out.
Sounds like you’ve got fuel starvation, this gauze is a hell of a lot easier to remove and check, than opening up that ridiculous fuel pump assembly.

Hello:
Fuel was drained and replaced.
Error codes:
C13- intake air pressure sensor
C14- throttle position sensor
C21-intake air temperature sensor
C41A-fuel pump relay signal
Waiting on parts plugs, air filter, cleaning the fuel pump assembly.
Be a few weeks before I have it back together. Hope it then runs.

Seems the problem was the fuel relay? There was no power to the pump assembly.

Thanks for all the feedback

After waiting almost 2 months for my parts to ship from backorder, I have put most of it back together. Need to put the air box on and a few vacuum lines. Unfortunately I can't find the wire connector to the fuel pump assembly. Does anyone know where this is run from and has possibly a picture. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

Hello:
Fuel was drained and replaced.
Error codes:
C13- intake air pressure sensor
C14- throttle position sensor
C21-intake air temperature sensor
C41A-fuel pump relay signal
Waiting on parts plugs, air filter, cleaning the fuel pump assembly.
Be a few weeks before I have it back together. Hope it then runs.

Seems the problem was the fuel relay? There was no power to the pump assembly.

Thanks for all the feedback
That is quite a lot of error codes. Hope you get if figured out. FYI you need to address the fuel pump AND filter when dealing with a fuel issue. Its more likely that your filter is clogged. Or the clogged filter damaged your pump and both need replaced.

FINALLY RUNNING!

1- Rebuilt the external fuel pump. Found a replacement pump on e-bay for $80.00
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2637004315...99&_trkparms=gh1g=I263700431535.N36.S1.R2.TR4

2- Replaced the strainer and collar. The collar was on backorder for over a month.

3- Replaced Fuel Pump Relay

4- Replaced the spark plugs, air filter, cleaned the injectors and throttle body.

5- Replaced the foam between the air box and the frame for the ram air. Foam just feel apart.

6- Oil Change and filter

7- Replaced the fan sensor.

8- Replaced blown fuse under the left side top panel. Might have been the FI trouble from the start.

9- Needs a new chain and sprockets.

Runs like a beast. I use to have to run the bike w 1/4 choke in order for it not to stall.

Possibly need a cam chain.
Bike is over 18 yrs old with, 17,000 miles.

Thanks for everyones help

Back