200 rear tire?

quikbusa

Donating Member
Registered
I was looking in the archives for a 200 rear tire. I couldnt find good info on the subject. Maybe my search sucked. I was thinking about putting some wider rubber on the busa when the time comes. My 7r had a 190 like the busa and it looks like it is all tire when you are behind it. When I stand behind the busa I feel like I am looking at a manhole cover. Any thoughts. I live in Florida and I am never putting a knee down. Thanks all.

I have run a bunch of different 200's on my 02 with no problems. It’s a little slower getting in and out of turns though.

I ran 200's when I changed the stockers... and the biggest difference in handling.. was the effort in the turns... I dropped back to 190's and the bike seemed to fall over - much more flickable...

I love the 200 on the rear
biggrin.gif

My 190 Metzeler M3 was a full half inch narrower (mounted) than my BT56 was. So you can see why everyone notices such a marked decrease in transition time as compared to the stockers.

I ran some Michelin HPX's in the 200 size ( actually 208) a few years back.
No practical advantage if you ask me, except that maybe when you parked, someone commented about what a big one you had.

I ran a Pirelli Diablo in a 200 and really made a big difference in handling for me . Once in a low lean thru a turn it almost broke traction. Pucker factor went up to about an 8. I went back to a 190 after that and now I'm running a 180. The 200 looks good and has a good foot print for drag racing but like one board member mention the OEM Bridgestone is a 198mm tire .

Thanks mymaster. That damn chain is close to that tire. It looks good though. I appreciate the pics.

200 mounts OK, no prob. Little more muscle flicking through the corners. Higher weight load capacity. Few more miles in wear.
Allways in the market for tires, now. A bonus is finding 200's on Ebay. Because 180's, 190's are most popular size and no one wants the 200's. Winning a bid as the only bidder is common. Even 'buy it now' on 200's are lower then popular sizes.

Back