200 Rear Tire

Busa45

Registered
Hey Folks,

I'm going to be replacing my rear tire soon. I've seen several bikes lately with 200 rear tires. Has anyone done this on a stock Busa rim? How does it handle? Tire mileage?

Thanks,

Do some searching around, Modifications topic etc... Then ask if you don't find it.

Short answer is yes lots of folks running 200mm's, it will effect handling, sotck BT56 is 198mm busa wheel is allready 6" wide so it doesn't change anything... But search around man..

Whats up everyone... havent posted in awhile... I have the 200. Avon 45/46st. It fits the stock wheel, didnt see or feel too much of a difference. Get this, Ive got around 8k on the tires and probably have 1/2 the life left. Commute 75 miles a day, hit the twisties on the week ends. I like the look and the longevity of the tire.

Lot of people run 200 and also 180. Just a note for the part about 190 being a 198 when measured. What does a 200 measure to?? And I'm sure every brand measures it differently.

You will be fine in FL. with a 200. As a atte of fact because of the straight roads yo will have a bettr patch down on the road. There jsut is not many roads at all in Fl. That have extreme curves. I am running 200's in Fl. and then run 190's in New England. Asls o you want to stay away from very soft tires that are made for curves in FL. because you eat the center out of them on straight roads.

Lot of people run 200 and also 180.  Just a note for the part about 190 being a 198 when measured.  What does a 200 measure to??  And I'm sure every brand measures it differently.
I've heard different things from differnet folks... Michilins are wider at 202MM bridgstones are skinny at 199mm etc... I dunno.

What I was trying to point out is that someone keeps saying that a 200 series tire is going to have a distorted profile on a busa because of the wheel width. But the Busa and the ZX12 both run on 6" wide rear wheels and manufacterers specify 6" wheels in some of their media crap So same same...

Lot of people run 200 and also 180.  Just a note for the part about 190 being a 198 when measured.  What does a 200 measure to??  And I'm sure every brand measures it differently.
I've heard different things from differnet folks...  Michilins are wider at 202MM bridgstones are skinny at 199mm etc...  I dunno.  
I really dunno either, I don't think that anyone has gone out there and measured 180, 190, 200 in every brand. But a 200 sure does look wider than 190, just eyeballing it.(both were bridgestones)

I am running a 200 michelin pilot, I haven't noticed any difference....I agree with a couple of the previous posts:
200 does look wider than 190
The roads here in Fl kill tires......I couldn't believe how quickly my stock tires flatened out.

Errr.
Shawn

Back