200 rear tire.

scottybusa

Donating Member
Registered
I know I've heard people mention it, but what are your opinions of the 200 for the rear? I'm sure the bike handles a little differently, maybe dropping into corners a little slower, but does anybody have experience on one? Also if anyone has pics, I would love to see them.

Thanks in advance,

Scott
biggrin.gif

Um, just remember that the Stock BT56J measures out to 198mm not 190. So depending on manufacterer you may actually change things very little...

I believe the theory is that the wider tire will slow your tip in and transition speeds... But really, if your on the track it might be a big deal, if your rollin on the street?
rock.gif
I dunno maybe not so much...

I would say throw on the 200 if you like the look, if you don't like the way it handles? Don't do it again. Hell you'll have a new rear on there in a few months anyway.
smile.gif

I was looking somewhere and the 200 series tire might have a higher load limit as well... Could be a bonus, I mean if you like riding big Broads pillion...
laugh.gif

Ive had a 200 dunlop 207 .... the rear of the bike looks great.
as for as riding and hiting the curves.. i like the bridgestone bt014 190 much better, and no high speed handling issues.

I WOULD SAY GO WITH THE 190 TIRE
biggrin.gif

hope that helps

I was looking somewhere and the 200 series tire might have a higher load limit as well...  Could be a bonus, I mean if you like riding big Broads pillion...
laugh.gif
Ooooh, my wifey might not like that statement much!!!!
laugh.gif

You're right about just giving it a try, though......dayam this bike eats tires!!!!!!

wow.gif
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

Just keep in mind guys, when you go to a larger tire on a stock rim, your contact patch becomes smaller. Thus less traction! Great for posing but poor for performance! Which do you preferr?

I had one and really didn't like the handling at all. I ride my Busa alot though! I've gotten 13,700 miles on it in 14 months. I actually put a 180 on it and just love the way my Busa handles with it! Doesn't look as good as the 200 but the handling is superb!

I know more than one busa owner that went to the 180 tire and said the same thing. Improved handling!

Just remember the Busa is big and heavy, 180 will improve cornering but your going to suffer a little stability and durability.... More than likely...

My thinking really is that the Busa will never be a super nimble quick handling corner carver... So why worry so much, Try the 200 like it? Cool! If not, Try 180 or stick with 190... No Sweat... You'll be burning through tires quick enough so it's not like your going to be stuck with a particular tire for more than a couple thousand miles...

I went with a Metzler Sportec M-1 200mm. So far I am very pleased. I can certainly tell that there is a 200mm back there and not a 190 but some of that is probably the result of switching tires. I would say though that there is a difference, but not one that is really going to matter on the street. Then again the Sportec also has a more rounded profile and tips in easy..

The sportec doesn't grip as well as the BT010 when cold though, and it warms slower despite the marketing hype, but it grips nice once warmed. The thing I noticed the most was the compliant, SMOOTH nature of the M-1's.

Over all the M-1s are pretty sweet, Lots of feel and the 200 fills that rear nicely.

Has anyone ever heared of michillen pilot powers? Saw them on ebay but their not in this catalog i have. Also what about shinko?

Um Pilot Powers are supposed to be the latest and greatest thing since Vulcanization, good stuff....

The Shinko's are supposed to be good for 1/4 mile work, dunno about anything else though...

Back