200 instead of 190??

06limited1st

Registered
Is it possible to get a 200 tire on a stock rim instead of the standard 190, just to get a little more rubber to the pavement?? :poke:

Yup, check out GM Busa's pics on the General Topics forum (WW2 pics). He has a picture of his rear tire which is a 200 on a stock size wheel. It looks good.

I think it would be OK if you just ride on straight roads. A lot of guys around here go the opposite direction (180) to improve cornering.

Yes it will fit...but why you want to spend more for a 200 when the 190 will do a better job...I haven't a clue ???

I have a 200 series on my stock rim and I really like it. It doesn't feel like I lost a lot of cornering ability with it, but then again I don't do twisties all of the time. I got mine because I got a fender eliminator on my bike and a 200 series just stands out more. Here is a pic of my new puig tire hugger over my 200 series tire.

tirehugger.jpg

Yea thought so, I just figured it would add some more rubber to the pavement giving more traction..

The bike won't corner as well with a 200 and the difference in
traction is almost nill...also the 190's are less $$$ and more
brands make them vs. the 200's.

It may give a bigger contact patch when you are straight up and down...

but

it will have a smaller contact patch when leaned over VS a 55 profile, a 190/55 is best here
it is heavier resulting in slower accel, more weight to stop, and harder to flick about.

It will fit no problem, but it is mainly for looks.

Agreed..it fits just fine; I got a 200 on mine as well. Still wanting to go 240 when my dollars make more cents :whistle:

yup........the ZX12R came from factory with 200.....and its the same size wheel :beerchug:

The wheel is not a issue...clearing the chain and the swingarm :thumbsup:

200 fits no problem on a Busa...but it's just for show...it don't make it go :(

been there and done that... I did burn the heck of the sides of both 190's tires I had befor the 200... and it just gives me that much more confidence... I like it ... and looks good and I'm right at the edge of the tire and there are no chunks missing ... so far so good...

Is it for looks or riding?

Strait line you will have no improvement for the cost. A 190/55 will give you easier turn in and better handling. 190/55 for the win.

Back