200 HP= 8 Sec. Qtr.?

If I've done my homework correctly, it seems that a Busa with 195 to 200 rwhp. should be a strong candidate for an 8.99 run, huh? Provided there is an above average rider aboard, it seems very likely since 185hp. Busas have been 9.20's and a 220hp. Busa has been 8.60's... Two or three inches on the arm with a 16 tooth countershaft sprocket should guarantee an eight second blast. That's my intention. Anyone with me?

On paper 200 RWHP is plenty to put you in the 8's,the hard part is riding it there.Are you talking about a street tire bike and no bar or a slick,bar,and air shifted bike? Is your bike close to complete? Who does your motor work?Is this a street bike,drag bike or both?Good luck with it.

Where does rider weight figure into the calculations ? Mine could probably do it with a 5 lb rider. Or ...remote control, fire, and forget setup.

If it all goes like it should a 185hp Busa should make it to the 8's.

Take the 185 plus the hp your going to recieve from the ram air. It should be close.

Wronglane, I'm speaking of a bike with 2 or 3" more on the swingarm with no wheelie bar, just a 200 Michelin Pilot with about 20 to 25 lbs. of air... As far as my bike is concerned, I'm figuring it would be ready at months end hopefully. The motor work is just part of the equation because I'm a chrome fanatic and I need to polish my frame. Not to mention a custom Bates Leather Suit... Also, wheel widening and a custom triple clamp are in the works. Busy, busy,busy...

A Busa Daddy,

"Why the tripple clamps are you trying to get more rack out of the bike to get it lower or just to go strait???"

Rack....Whats that? You mean rake,right?

I'm looking for triple clamps which will enable me to slide the forks about 2" to lower the bike for drag racing. This way I can lower the bike without worrying about those dreaded straps...

Kind of off the topic but, has anyone run with the front end stapped on the street?? I would think this would not be a good idea but was just curious if anyone has done it and if they would consider it UNSAFE?!? I am obviously not talking about any long distance riding here.. more or less cruising(aka Hunting)

Mr9R,
I was wondering the same thing. If you can drop the forks an inch or two,do you run into interference problems when making turns? Can you hurt anything should you have to make a very hard stop? Has anyone tried this?

I already lowered mine through the triple clamps, about 1 3/4" I dont have any problems but thats irrelevent on my bike compared to a Busa. I asume by "hurt someting" you mean bottoming out?? I am sure that could happen but I cranked up my spring preload alittle to solve that. It will no doubt be a rough ride(no extension) but if you are not going far and plan on running a few people....

My Busa's engine is out and completely apart due to a faulty cam chain adjuster allowing 16 valves to kiss 4 pistons. What a mess. Since I have to replace everything from the connecting rods up (yep, bent two of them) I have decided to go for broke. The crank is being stretched 3mm and Ill use a 4mm over piston kit. Thats 1498cc. The stock cams will be re-ground (havent decided on what grind yet), but I will definitely be using a manual cam chain adjuster. I will also broach the cam sprockets and groove the camshafts for a key to keep things from moving around. This press on cam sprocket stuff is a bunch of crap. The brand new head is going out for port work and Im looking into an aftermarket connecting rod. Prefer to keep the stock pipe, and with all the mods I think 200 plus HP is more than doable.

Tom;

Call us for the manual tensioner. $39.95.. on the shelf.

We also have a new kit that pins the pins our press on cam sprocket adapter so that it can not possibly slip.

Jay

Back