- 20 ?  Take your car thru the twisties

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Day in day out, freezing weather, taking the car to work and back, I see the Busa parked there, content, happily sucking juice thru the battery tender plugged into her hieney... I move it around so the tires to get flat spots, I crank it up every now and again for a fe minutes.... too much ice, sleet, rain, cold, salt, sand, GAH!!! It's killing me!

So, Sunday the sky was clear the sun shining but it was -10 windchilll and 0 temperature. I HAD TO GET OUT. Check there air in the Honda Civic and hit the twisties and that one long stait just outside of town and had some high speed fun.

The rev limiter kicks in at 7500 rpms so I wrapped it up to 7000 a bunch after warming her up. I know for a FACT my Civic is limited to 120ish top end and the road isn't long enough anyway. Checked for cars and radar and hammered down on the strait. The wind was beating on the windows more than a usual car commute and I could feel how mooshy my new tires are compared to my last set of performance rubber. This time in tires I went for snow, rain, quiet comfort and mileage and BOY does THAT suck! Next year it's back to teh Dunlops or Perellis! Took her thru the usual twisties and I tell ya, my car is alot scarier at half the speed than my busa! The car leans and sways and makes funny suspension sounds and makes you lean while sitting in the driver seat. This car is totally stock. ...but the miliage rocks!
biggrin.gif
The feeling of speed was missing too. Although I was flying thru the turns twice the posted limit, it felt like half the busa speed... gotta love that lean. and it just didn't feel as stable.

I spent maybe an hour touring the roads I love on my bike, and I guess it was sort of like enjoying it.... almost the same way but not quite. It WAS better than nothing when it was literally 10 below wind chill but LOOKED like a beautiful day to ride!

Car.jpg

Man, Sorry to hear it WWJD, sounds rough. I get out there on the busa and bitch because when it's 50deg out it feel kinda cold on the road... Guess maybe all the busa pilots need to head south for the winter....

Hey if it makes you feel any better, it was kinda rainy and crappy out today, high temp was in the 60's. So I wasn't out there riding today.
biggrin.gif

OK well that may not help, but Spring will be here soon...

Back