20,000 Miles

rdnckjim

Registered
Just hit 20,000 on the odometer, what should I start looking to replace or have done at the dealership. I have my busa shop book around here somewhere but just trying to guage some things and see if there is anything I should specifically do. Maybe get the valves shimmed? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Just do your normal checks for any wear , breaks, chain, sprockets, tires, fluid levels, fork seals, check for any loose bolts, air filter.

Last edited:
Congrats! Had my longest ride ever today--a whopping 37 miles home from the dealership. Had a friend drop me off, then got the new clutch lever installed and was able to ride home. Waiting for the other parts damaged in the drop last week to arrive, then will get them taken care of later. For now, 'tis good to ride again. Bike seems OK. Have 150 miles on the odometer now. :-)

Mike

Just hit 20,000 on the odometer, what should I start looking to replace or have done at the dealership. I have my busa shop book around here somewhere but just trying to guage some things and see if there is anything I should specifically do. Maybe get the valves shimmed? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

You can have your valves checked, but they are probably in spec. They're also easy to check/change, follow the manual with basic tools if you don't know how. Even if a couple where out of spec, it would be minimal and not a problem to run it. You have to order the sizes you need anyway, if at all.
If the bike runs ok, I wouldn't worry about. Just do the basic maintenance listed above.

Back