2 Up Riding

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
So did my first riding tonight with a friend going 2 up. Definitely a different feel, just did a nice ride through country roads to a home made ice cream shop out in the boonies. I could definitely feel the weight in entering turns, and in braking. Also I am surprised at how much the suspension came down, we were both in full gear, and I weigh 190 she weighs 130ish (I am not stupid enough to ask this).

All in all though great experience, and she had fun too. Anyone have any tips? Any way to adjust the suspension to make it a little more friendly to this?

Set the suspension up a little stiffer than you normally would. I ride 2-up 90 percent of the time so I leave my bike set up for this. Once you get used to it, you will be not be able to tell she is back there. Sorry, but this thread requires pics! :whistle:

k 1744.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

IMG_6547.jpg

k 1809.jpg

Eureka Springs 08 001.jpg

And I forgot to mention, I have steel braided brake lines and EBC HH pads, you will want the better bite, especially when you are railing the corners.

Great pics James!!! Stiffer suspension is a must. :thumbsup:

Alright I better give ya a pic also, :laugh: I like a good excuse to post one.

prpv.dll

I can vouch for James and July, have to bite my teeth to stay behind them solo. :thumbsup:

that car looks like a mercury grand marquis, not a trooper...

Oh and you are not far from me bro.. bout 2 hrs or so... We need to get together with the girls and do a group ride sometime.:whistle:

Tighten up both the front and back, Jinkster's write-up is right-on. Beef the brakes, and teach her to squeeze her knees....... :oldcool: Elena has become the excellent back-seater and I barely know she's back there...she also knows what a double-pat on the knee means.... :oldcool:

Tighten up both the front and back, Jinkster's write-up is right-on. Beef the brakes, and teach her to squeeze her knees....... :oldcool: Elena has become the excellent back-seater and I barely know she's back there...she also knows what a double-pat on the knee means.... :oldcool:

Right on. Sometimes I have to reach back because I want to make sure she is still on the bike. Double tap means: Hang on!

Oh and you are not far from me bro.. bout 2 hrs or so... We need to get together with the girls and do a group ride sometime.:whistle:

Do us all a favor and remember to put the seat on this time, eh?

There's quite a few of us within a couple of hours from each other (I live about an hour and 15 min. away from Lancaster, maybe closer), we got together about a year and a half ago. We need to do it again sometime !!!

Awesome pics with this thread. I prefer 1 up for sure but I need to get accustomed to having a passenger as I ride alone frequently and there isn't much to talk to in the Ocala National Forest! ???

Set the suspension up a little stiffer than you normally would. I ride 2-up 90 percent of the time so I leave my bike set up for this. Once you get used to it, you will be not be able to tell she is back there. Sorry, but this thread requires pics! :whistle:

I was going to ask you why you weren't leaned over, but then I saw you are following CrahTestDanny :laugh::laugh:

And I forgot to mention, I have steel braided brake lines and EBC HH pads, you will want the better bite, especially when you are railing the corners.

Definitely, at the very least on the rear. My brakes faded out bad before adding SB brake lines.

Back