2 stock rk chains should link them to get 140 links??

way2slow

Registered
hey guys new to posting here got a quick question should I link to stock rk chains to get 140 links ??? I know I have to use 2 master links going for a 6in stretch both chains are from a 09 busa. I'm not out to race or hit the corners hard just like to ride in a cruzing pace will this work ??? or has anybody done this before and not break a chain ?? any info will be great thx guys

You can take it [bike and chain ] and have it pressed fitted at a shop/dealer or they do sell the master clips..,,As well , for the integrity part,,,,Im sure everyones views are welcomed,,A pressed fit sounds to have more strength..But the master clips,,My local dealership spoke about last week,,are heavey duty,,,, I'd opt for the Pressed fit,,the only pain is ,,you have to do it on the bike, if your doing both links this way,,,My bare minimun,would be 1 master link only and not 2,,,,in this manner,,you could still just take the chain in to have the extra links added,,then master it when you got home,,,my 1st choice,,is a heavy duty chain,,and press them both,

Last edited:
whats the difference between the press fit link and a master link which I still have to press with a rivet tool???

bobber was talking about the master clips which don't get riveted on. I personally have two "riveted on" master links on my chain due to a link miscalculation. I have no problems with it. The master links aren't going to weaken your chain unless they are not properly riveted on. Just be sure to check tolerances with a caliper.

Ive been using 2 master links for the last 2 years and no problems. I ride on the street and drag race it like that. I constantly check them to make sure nothing is loose or the side plates havnt moved. I am extended 8" and intead of buying another chain, I already had 2 shorter ones so I linked the 2 together.

cool this is great info!!! I am going for a rivet type master link anyways so heading to my stealership for some links thx guys

Good luck! Glad we could ease your mind and save you some money. Remember to check those tolerances

Back