2 mods

jch364

Registered
so here is the question . First, I saw an add from second look . they have seat skin covers and tank bras that have the kanji symbol stitched in that are color matched to the year of the bike. Looks kinda cool. The stitched in symbol is made out of some kind of vinyl material. Any way, the tank bra was like $150 bucks! I thought that was kinda retarded since my tank bra cost like $35. So I was wondering if anyone has this or has seen it and wether or not you guys think that its worth all that money. The second is I was looking at these chromed rotors. Anyone have them.? Looks like from the pics i have seen on ebay that the actual rotor that the pads grab are also chromed. If so does that take away from the breaking issue? and does it stay chrome or wear off in time from break usage?....just wondering ... thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,jeff

i have seen the bras in mags, too expensive in my opinion.
the chrome rotors are for show bikes. you would almost have no brakes with chrome rotors.

Tank bras in my experience have never done paint any good. I have had them and when you take it off it will leave an outline of where the tank bra was.

(Fire95Z28 @ Jan. 18 2007,15:06) Tank bras in my experience have never done paint any good. I have had them and when you take it off it will leave an outline of where the tank bra was.
Yep ....my old Gixxer had a perfect line where the bra started on top of the tank .
mad.gif

I have a black one with Kanji stitched in. The material looks like carbon fiber. Anyway paid $25. It has a soft and fluffy backing that goes against the tank.

Pictures of it at my gallery.
beerchug.gif

Chrome rotors will kill your braking, definitely. However, polished rotors can look almost like chrome if done right, and they wont affect your braking ability a bit. I had polished rotors on my cruiser and felt no difference in the braking, and that was one heavy ass bike.

chrome rotors are okay as long as you chrome the stock ones and not an aftermarket one, i have chromed every rotor on every bike that i have owned and never had a problem, the only thing you will find is that the chrome will not stay on the outside of the rotor where the brake pads rub and will flake off, as for the tank bra i wouldn't as i have had problems as well with it leaving a line!!
beerchug.gif

(hayabusa99b/w @ Jan. 18 2007,14:56) chrome rotors are okay as long as you chrome the stock ones and not an aftermarket one, i have chromed every rotor on every bike that i have owned and never had a problem, the only thing you will find is that the chrome will not stay on the outside of the rotor where the brake pads rub and will flake off, as for the tank bra i wouldn't as i have had problems as well with it leaving a line!!
beerchug.gif
I gotta go with this guy on this one. There's just no way that chrome plating is going to with stand those kinds of temperatures, friction, and pressure.

Ian
www.redlinestands.com

I thought second look went out of business a few years back. I have the seat cover on my 2000.

Galveston___Busa.jpg

my last bike.....tank bra jacked the paint....

Once you put it on, you can never take it off cause you'll see all the rub marks

take the bra off occasionally and wax the tank ... it just like anything else ...lazy people want to install and forget.

I just took off mine after being in place for more than a year .... no lines/marks/scratches of any kind ... and I know the buttons/buckles/zippers could have done a number on it.

I now use a full tank cover made by bagster.... it keeps my icon timax gloves from scratching anything.

just remove and wax once a month

beerchug.gif

I had a tank bra on my bike when I first got it in 00. It started leaving some scuff marks so I ditched it. I then went with that clear, static stick, 3m tape. worked really nice and I still have it on the sides of my busa's tank. I went with a geelong carbon tank protector this year. I like it but it is pricey.

GeelongTank.jpg

(Fire95Z28 @ Jan. 18 2007,15:06) Tank bras in my experience have never done paint any good. I have had them and when you take it off it will leave an outline of where the tank bra was.
I agree. I was pist when I saw what one did to my ride.

I also thought Second Look went out of business. I bought something from them on eBay, never received, filed a complaint with PayPal (which came out in my favor) and never received the money back because they stopped selling. Tried calling them and no one answered the phones. Be careful bro!

(MPH 200 @ Jan. 19 2007,09:52) I thought second look went out of business a few years back. I have the seat cover on my 2000.
lurk.gif
Great looking scoot and seat. I had not pictured the different colors with the frame, tank, and hump.
super.gif

Back