2 mods done today

Thanks! I was looking for someone to post something lilke this. Gen 2 different or same?

Basically the same.
The bottom 4 sides(where they meet the bottom) of the stock gen2 trunk is where to cut.
It's soft plastic and cuts easy with a razor knife. Next is just cutting the trashcan to the depth you want it.
There are lots of pics in the gen2 trunkmod thread.

:laugh: Those ain't deserts. Those are my everyday boots. My desert boots always come back as a dark brown / black with steel showing through the toes. I WILL say out of ALL the boots I've had in the past 12 yrs, these are THE MOST COMFORTABLE and Easiest to clean.

Now, back to the mod.

I'm going to wal-mart, somebody tell me length and width I'm looking for for the Gen I.

Damn damn damn......... Just noticed what you did to my boots....... made 'em all prettified :blush: :banghead:, thanks Rooster Frog

:laugh: Those ain't deserts. Those are my everyday boots. My desert boots always come back as a dark brown / black with steel showing through the toes. I WILL say out of ALL the boots I've had in the past 12 yrs, these are THE MOST COMFORTABLE and Easiest to clean.

Now, back to the mod.

I'm going to wal-mart, somebody tell me length and width I'm looking for for the Gen I.

8x13 and 6 deep is what I used, give or take a 1/4in:thumbsup:

Went to the dollar store and bought a dishwashing tub for $1.07 that is exactly the dimensions I measured earlier. I will post a pic heavy tutorial on here and my busa overhaul thread:thumbsup:

We had a family fun night including me washing dishes, making dinner, feeding dinner, changing the baby, washing dishes and now watching "Brave" with the wif and kids. Apparently I can't do it tonight froggy, I will get it done tomorrow :beerchug:

The bottom of the trunk does not have to be flat either, that's a personal preference.
Having the box at a certain depth will eventually having it show from the outside(Gen1's).
Angle the rear bottom of the box up higher to match the side of the gen1 tail, and you can still have a little more depth in the front. As opposed to having the rear the same heigth as the front(level bottom/floor of trunk), and losing potential storage.
The depth of the box only depends upon rider weight(and passengers, if any), so that the top of the tire doesn't rub the bottom of the trunk over hard bumps. Otherwise, it's looks from the outside and preference of size and shape inside.
The cut outs are much the same, you can do whatever you like with the box.:beerchug:

Ok, here is what I have done.

I used Double Bubble industrial resin epoxy to seal joints, I used clip fasteners as well as push pins to give a factory look. Tomorrow I will be dremeling it and filling in the open holes around the bucket with foam.

I will gladly do this for anyone that wants it for $40 + shipping. This covers parts and a little for the time.

Without further ado (and since I don't know how to do the posts with words between the pics) here is a picture tutorial of what I did:

100_2205.jpg

100_2206.jpg

100_2207.jpg

100_2208.jpg

100_2209.jpg

100_2210.jpg

100_2211.jpg

100_2212.jpg

100_2213.jpg

100_2219.jpg

100_2250.jpg

100_2251.jpg