2 mistakes that will make your busa not run

turbojonn

Registered
1. Reinstall the tip over switch upside down.
2. Reverse the supply and return lines after you replace all of the rubber lines in the bike.

When you put the two lines in reversed the tank makes a cool gurgeling noise and groans just a little, knd of like it's trying to tell you something. What do you tink it was trying to say?
On a sort of related note; What the heck is up with the fuel lines under the tank? There's almost no room for them no matter where I run them or where I move the FPR! I'm on my fifth or sixth attempt at getting this one figured out. I think I've got it this time. There appear to be no kinks in the lines. The return line had been kinking. Is there a better fuel line that won't bend and crimp so easily?

Um, you could try to get some "TYGON" fuel line, it's grey and burly. Dunno how compatible it is with the Fuel injection though...

You can add one more reason, leaving the key in the very useless "Park" position so the battery will run down...WTF is that there for anyway?

You shoulda given me a call, bro...I was all over that stuff when I was doin the rebuild.

Just go to a hose shop and ask for some FI lines. Be sure that the line you get has a weave of fiber in the rubber. That should help with the kinking.

And there's room there, trust me. The hoses can be different lengths...your return line doesn't have to be as long, since there's less bends that it has to go through to get to the fuel pump. The feeder line, however, is a different story. You may want to make that one a little longer so that the bend coming from the petcock is not too abrupt. The longer hose will also help lessen the bend when the hose attaches to the fuel pump.

Any questions on setting it up, just let me know.
wink.gif

You can add one more reason, leaving the key in the very useless "Park" position so the battery will run down...WTF is that there for anyway?
I've wondered the same thing. Like I'm going to park it on a dark road with only a tail light lit, and leave it for a while.
My friend's BMW has the 4-flasher opt. (hazard). I like that but I'ld be afraid some cager would be staring at my solid tail light and drive right into my bike. Along with myself and anyone else around it

I've wondered the same thing. Like I'm going to park it on a dark road with only a tail light lit, and leave it for a while.
+2

Ran my battery down and had to replace it not to far down the road after that.

Was in a huury to get out of the rain and park the bike that I didn't pay attention to the tail light being on. 12 hours later I find my key in the bike.
AAAssjani.gif

Back