2 hands on all the time or do you cruise with 1 off ?

First y'all keep in mind I used the term 'posing' lovingly and in a humorous way.
In no way was it meant to be an insult .

Second I ask not only because I see it alot but because when I was growing up I was riding with my brother and a group of friends.
The guy up front was riding his pride and joy Triumph 750.
Old old bike he had rebuilt it from scratch . Every piece was perfect and it was a beautiful bike .
He was leading the group cruising .
Absolutely nothing in front of us with zero traffic so he had only one hand on.
In an instant he hit something unseen in the road , we still think it was a large piece of glass. His front tire immediately went flat and because he had only one hand one the bars instantly went sideways . The bike literally flipped going down the road and threw him like a bucking bronc.
He broke his back and was in a body cast for almost six months .
Every time I see a rider with only one hand on I recon back to that as the memory more than twenty five years later is still crystal clear of seeing Norman fly up and over.

Just curious ?
I have two hands on all the time but I see alot of folks cruising around with left hand on their leg sitting straight up .
I can say from my recent experience that if I had not had two hands on before my recent wreck the results would most definitely have been worse .
The time it would have taken me to react and grab the left bar would have taken what little time I had left.
You could also say if I had been alert the whole thing would not have happened but that's a side point. :laugh:

So for you which is it ?
Two on all the time or one on and one on your leg ?
I often cruise with one hand off. Sometimes take fairly quick open sweepers one-handed, and have even been known to loft the front one-handed once in awhile :beerchug:
The busa's a very stable machine :thumbsup:

This is how i cruise :whistle:

Motorcycle%20Stunts%20-%20Suzuki%20GSXR%201000%20-%20Jesus%20christ.JPG

1 hand sometimes

On long stretches i cruise with one hand but the other hand at the ready. Always vigilant! :batman:

i will take one off when just cruising and have some distance. sometimes i will sit up and use none....about a month or so ago my cheap ass lowering top triple clamp broke and i had to ride home about 15-20 miles without being able to use my left at all except to pull in the lever, try that some time. its not that bad but you get to planning your moves way in advance.

if im on a long straight for a while i'll cruise with one hand on my hip or sometimes rest my forearm on the tank. takes the weight off your throttle wrist and relieves your back while on long rides.

1 hand to cruise around here. super heavy traffic I just try to stay alive sometimes feel like a 3rd would be useful to show off my bird.

Due to a torched shoulder, I use my Throttlemeister a lot or my throttle hand will go numb. It kinda' makes people look twice when you pass then with your right hand on the tank...but never in heavy traffic.

Just yesterday I was cut off three different times and shoved into the center lane by a sweet (BLIND) old lady in a pastel VW Bug. In SLC, both hands on the bars and all senses maxed out. Outside of town, plenty of open road and sometimes no hands is pretty comfortable.

in town/city always 2 for sure, cuz you're in and out, stop and go yadi yadi.
But when I'm on the highway, I gotta go back and forth even. I have a throttle lock on mine which gives the right hand a time to breath and relas too ;)

so... what's the verdict? 1 & 2 :laugh::laugh:

Especially if I've been on her for hours, I ride with one had as it helps me stretch out my back and such. (still learning how to ride leaning forward vs laying back)

But only when at optimal safeness. i.e. not surrounded by cars or on a rough road. But one of my fears has been if something sudden happens what would I do. I do work steering with one hand one this hwy by my house that has three lanes. If no cars around, I practice lane to lane to see how well I can negotiate obstacles. I have to say though it's no where near 2 handed riding.

I ride with one hand in very light traffic switching back and forth between left and right on long trips. (gotta love the throttlemeister)

until i snag my comfort mods (buell pegs, helibars, tobin seats) then i'll be using the one handed cruising method.

Back