2 hands on all the time or do you cruise with 1 off ?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Just curious ?
I have two hands on all the time but I see alot of folks cruising around with left hand on their leg sitting straight up .
I can say from my recent experience that if I had not had two hands on before my recent wreck the results would most definitely have been worse .
The time it would have taken me to react and grab the left bar would have taken what little time I had left.
You could also say if I had been alert the whole thing would not have happened but that's a side point. :laugh:

So for you which is it ?
Two on all the time or one on and one on your leg ?

I ain't chicken .
It's just where I live it's too busy too be sitting straight up 'posing' :poke:
The time it takes you to react , reach up and grab left bar is at least two seconds .
May be more time than your gonna get to prevent something .

I ain't chicken .
It's just where I live it's too busy too be sitting straight up 'posing' :poke:
The time it takes you to react , reach up and grab left bar is at least two seconds .
May be more time than your gonna get to prevent something .

I prefer to "pose":laugh:...much more comfortable, gotta get bars. It'll make posing easier too.

I do ride with one sometimes when it's safe to do so and need to rest one of my arms. My following distance is usually double of what it's supposed to be when I do, and if there no cars next to me or following to close.

when cruising with very minimal traffic i use one hand, also my hands go to sleep for some reason alot to i usually have to hang and shake one hand. if there is no traffic or woods around i sometimes ride with only 2 fingers love how smooth she is, but anytime i am in traffic i have 2 hands on at all times for reaction time.
Posted via Mobile Device

If I've been riding for a while and the road is straight with nobody coming at me,ahead of me or behind me . Otherwise it's always two .

1 when cruising also, But in traffic 2 all the time and 1 finger covering front brake.

1 at times with other on tank or knee , must admit none sometimes rolling down hill , so i can have a good stretch :whistle:

2 in traffic, 1 sometimes when cruising outside of town, and none when I lock the Throttlemeister to sit up or stand up and stretch.

through city, both hands all the time. Cruisin down the freeway, i will use one hand pretty often. Recently got my throttlemeisters installed, was cruisin down the freeway today with both arms hanging to my side, so that would be no hands. Obviously not the smartest thing to do, but i sure looked cool doing it:laugh:

Back