2" drop question

Jake71

Registered
I'm starting to look for a Busa purchase in the next few months. When I sat on them at Berts Megamall, I was on my toes but if i leaned to one side not very far I could get one foot flat. I'd prefer having both planted firmly.

If you drop the front two inches, I'm assuming for the rear you would want to go 2" as well? I'm just a touring, work and back and occasional twisty kinda guy. I dont drag, throw my knee to the ground and i dont go 100% on the street so clearance to me is not an issue in the twisties.

In lowering the bike I'd think the best method would be links in the back and these up front.

Trac Dynamics Slammerz Front Fork Lowering System Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa (08-13) - Schnitz Racing

I would want the bike to have similar steering characteristics as stock height so an even drop????

Thanks for the input.

jake

Get a Roaring Toyz or something made for the busa. Dropping the ass end about 1.5" should be good for you without having to drop the front BUT if you drop the front, don't use straps and don't just lower it through the triple tree. Do it right or you could regret it!

I would get my seat cut first then maybe just a short drop. My seat is cut and bike is down in front 1" and I think 2" in the rear (hard to tell since its extended) But My daughter is 5'2" and is flat footed here

101_6171.jpg

Edit to above. The system you found will work PERFECT for the front! Sorry, should have went to the site you posted first. Also, :welcome: to the org and as always, :worthless:

Thanks for the info... i want to do it right the first time. I didnt like the idea of using a strap on the front end and saw this as the only other way to lower the front aside from the videos that show you how to cut the internals down to lower the bike.

I'll post pics once I get the bike. I'm waiting for the planets to align.

GF of 9 years that I live with has blessed the transaction and approved of the color choices (2014 white/red, 2014 black/red LE and the 2013 one that looks black)....

Whatever the color is really doesnt matter, it's more of what the price is, what they are willing to go down to in order to make the sale. I have two bikes already so it's like like i "have to have it" or at least in their eyes.

Current bike is an 02 Bandit 1200s w/ 2002 Hayabusa fork tubes and steering damper, front wheel and brakes. It took some custom work to get them mounted etc.. but a buddy of mine did the work (it was his bike and I bought it for a fun machine)
CIMG6262.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would get my seat cut first then maybe just a short drop. My seat is cut and bike is down in front 1" and I think 2" in the rear (hard to tell since its extended) But My daughter is 5'2" and is flat footed here

I'll look into seats too... thank you.

Lowering the front will create different trail numbers for the front end.
With a 2" drop, I doubt you would notice a difference though.

BTW, how tall are you? My buddy is about 5'3" and he can flatfoot my stock busa(suzuki gel seat), which is funny, because he had to tippy toe on a Ninja 250.

There's no need to go that low in the front. I would lower the rear 1.5in first and see how you like it. You lose A LOT of ground clearance lowering the front that much. You'd be better off going with a new top clamp and lowering the front 3/4in

Back