1st Valve Adjustment At 67000miles Here Is What I Found (pics)

ky busa

Registered
000_1503.JPG
000_1505.JPG
000_1506.JPG
000_1508.JPG
000_1509.JPG
oringal owner bought with 0 miles (2011 busa) she has never had valve cover off never changed plugs as far as the engine changed air filters (oem) change oil & filter every 5000 miles mobil 1 4t full syntheic suz oil filter i use the busa for commuting and joy riding i hit redline often and a lot of top end pulls the bike is stock here is what i found plugs look great on the intake side THEY WERE IN SPEC on the min. side on the exhaust side they were in spec ALL BUT 2 and they were way to tight filler gauge .003 wouldnt go under so parts are order put her back together this weekend so for u guys who dont abuse your ride dont worry about valve adjustment until 30000 or more miles timing chain tension is a trick to check but the manual tells you how:thumbsup: for the guys who live on the redline check them at proper intervals
000_1504.JPG

000_1503.JPG

000_1505.JPG

Why would you have to order anything to put it back together? Your dealer should have everything in stock: an assortment of valve shims, new valve cover gasket, spark plug tunnel o rings, etc. We keep everything in stock, not only for Suzukis, but Kaw, Honda, and Yamaha. Any "service" shop that does not have this stuff, at for the brand they sell - needs a kick in the arse. :poke:

Why would you have to order anything to put it back together? Your dealer should have everything in stock: an assortment of valve shims, new valve cover gasket, spark plug tunnel o rings, etc. We keep everything in stock, not only for Suzukis, but Kaw, Honda, and Yamaha. Any "service" shop that does not have this stuff, at for the brand they sell - needs a kick in the arse. :poke:
I'm also one of the "order" guys.
UPS van pulling into my driveway is way more convenient that going to a stealership.

I'm also one of the "order" guys.
UPS van pulling into my driveway is way more convenient that going to a stealership.

That I can see, and appreciate. I'm referring to the stealerships that don't have what they need to service their own brand. Too much of that going around! One thing about POWERHOUSE - we can ship the same day you order, because we have it on the shelf. Many customers come to us after having visited the dealer, after being told their parts would take a week to get. No, we don't have every damn thing there is, but most of what you may need. Too many dealers don't care one bit about service . . .

Suzuki recommends that the valves be inspected every 24,000 miles. Clearances being tight is the problem - those are the valves that are quiet, and the ones that will eventually lose their seal . . . it is always good to restore the proper clearances . . . better to check and verify.

That I can see, and appreciate. I'm referring to the stealerships that don't have what they need to service their own brand. Too much of that going around! One thing about POWERHOUSE - we can ship the same day you order, because we have it on the shelf. Many customers come to us after having visited the dealer, after being told their parts would take a week to get. No, we don't have every damn thing there is, but most of what you may need. Too many dealers don't care one bit about service . . .
I agree, the dealerships are terrible. It is not so much the inventory that scares me, but rather the skill sets. Scary stuff.

I agree, the dealerships are terrible. It is not so much the inventory that scares me, but rather the skill sets. Scary stuff.
Around here you can’t get anything other than a oil filter at most of the dealerships. It’s always I can order it. Ya so can I and it’s deliverd to my houses.

Thanks. I'm not waiting til 60k miles to do this but good to know yours was not too much out of spec after that long. From what I have found with my 14 which has many more miles than the busa, it's ok to wait longer than the recommended service interval to do this job. The clearances tend to tighten up as much as they are going to and then stay that way perhaps for the life of the engine. I have nothing bad to say about being safe but if you wait to do this job, you might avoid doing it twice. My 14's valve clearance has not changed since the first and only adjustment 25,000 miles ago.

My L2 has just clocked 11,500 km , but has had 3 full days of fun track time in that mileage , my mechanic said that we will check it over next winter . The motor feels excellent , but thinking about some hotter cams etc for then also . ;)

Powerhouse no my dealership didnt even have even have plugs n stock small business:confused: now CBXRIDER if you dont like my post dont read it if my grammer offends you since 2006 i have never said anything negative about members or there post no wonder traffic is low on here at times ............................................................................................

It's called punctuation ky, not grammar. You typed a seven lime sentence with several points but with no punctuation. Makes it a tad hard to follow and any first grader knows how to use a period at the end of a sentence, even in Kentucky.

It's called punctuation ky, not grammar. You typed a seven lime sentence with several points but with no punctuation. Makes it a tad hard to follow and any first grader knows how to use a period at the end of a sentence, even in Kentucky.

CBXrider for punctuation moderator! lol!

Back