1st trackday Q’s: Bargy, neckbrace, busa?

spotrot

Registered
I stopped by JenningsGP a couple days ago and the place looks good.

I'm considering taking a course there just for fun and safer/better street riding - not for racing.

Have any forum members taken a course there recently? If so, a couple questions I have are:

Is the Ed Bargy advanced course worthwhile? Any Jennings course tips.

Is it worth buying neck brace for the above course?

Is the Busa too heavy to handle for 165 lb rider on a track like Jennings?

Any input is appreciated,

Don't need a neck brace but I strongly suspect you need a back protector under your leathers.

Dunno about Jennings, but a lot of tracks do require a spine board, along with the standard safety gear.
Busa will do just fine on the track. Only place it might feel heavy would be in a chicane that requires a quick side to side flop.
If a munchkin like Pedrosa can handle a MotoGP bike, you can do a track day on a Hayabusa.:thumbsup:

Back protector is a must, normally mandatory. I use a 1 piece chest protector and padded shorts as well under my suit.

Best check with the org you are considering doing a track day. They usually have all requirements in writing.

Bingo - check with them as each track/course is different. Usually Novices don't need back protector, but this is a race school..I'd like to do his school one of these days.

Thanks for all the input, Very useful and appreciated.

RE: back protector. My Hein Gericke suit has a segmented back insert of foam on plastic but it is not a rigid board. Is a rigid board now considered better?

I'll report on the course et al - looking at Nov 20.

If you would like a custom built back/chest protector like the pros wear for not much more money than an off the shelf model check with Impact Armor in Texas. (Impactarmor.com) Good guy who does all the work himself. Collen Edwards, Nicky Haden and piles more wear his back/chest protector. Many if not most racers up here wear this stuff as well.

Any riding school whether its on a track or in a parking lot will have benifits and you'll learn something. The more the merrier! :beerchug:

Back