1st track day in 18 yrs

doniton2

Registered
it started a little slow, with some moisture on the track from the rain the night before and my tire psi way to high. with the lap times in the 1:40s.
the 2nd session I followed a control rider for a couple laps then got the times down to the upper 2:20s
in the 3rd session they went down to the low 2:20s
at lunch I got a pic of Till our exchange student from Germany and my son with the umberella girls.
in the 4th session I started to feel it again but kept getting cought up in traffic. the lap times dropped to the 2:12s
a guy in the pits next to us had a bad crash (broken hip) so I missed my 5th session getting his stuff loaded up so the other guys with him could get to the hospital.
in the 6th and final session I got 3 laps with no traffic and ran a 2:10.3 and two 2:10.2s so I was very happy. it was a blast and I am going to have problems resricting my self to only a couple of these a year.

_DSC1407.jpg

_DSC1477.jpg

_DSC1594.jpg

_DSC1596.jpg

_DSC1600.jpg

_DSC1671.jpg

_DSC1678.jpg

20110813-MCRA Heartland Park-2505.jpg

20110813-MCRA Heartland Park-2541.jpg

Outstanding, another addict!

Where was this at? I'd come do it to just to get a pic with those umbrella girls WOWOW.

Awesome! I have been waiting for you to post pics! Glad you had fun John. Wish I could have been there with you. You were gettin low in those turns, looked like a blast!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Oh, yea, that's a 10-12 hour drive. I have business in St. Louis so if it was near there, I'd have a chance at it bummer.

I'm gonna have to talk TwoBrothersBusa into a Trackday Road trip (with his RV and trailer) one of these days :)

Good Job!!! I bet Till has some very envious friends back home. You guys are going to be at the top of request list for the exchange students now. :laugh:

Looking good. I'm thinking about taking the new scoot out there for the 10/2 track day. I should be capable of spending a day out by then.

When I read you were running 1:40's right out of the shoot, I was ready to quit riding :laugh:

my edit button is gone that's susposed to be 2:40s:laugh: that would be something to run a 1:40.
I used to race in the late 80s and early 90s
153-me-old-gateway.jpg

Very nice pics, Looks like a great time

awesome! Looking good!
guess we could have run a little harder at the meet and greet! :laugh:

I knew watching that little bit of GoPro i took would get you back to the track! My next day is Sept30-Oct1...

How long is that track?

Back