1st time post

02spool

Registered
Hello to all...I am a first time poster. I got back from the Busa Bash 08 late Monday night accompanied by my wife...2 up for 770 miles straight. We left at 6am as the rain was due to hit soon. We left before it started and followed where it had been up north. We did not see a drop. Thank God! All together, round trip, we did 1900+ miles. It was our best to date (10,000+ miles riding together). It culminated with a fantastic trip up and down the Dragon, something we have longed to do for years.
1st off our thoughts and prayers go out to the injured riders at the Bash. All of whom we unfortunately did not get a chance to meet.
As for those we did meet and there are many, lets just say you could not have been kinder or more friendly towards us and inviting us into your family. Your openess and hospitality made us feel like we belonged. Made us comfortable and part of the org.
Doug and Mrs Captain are at the top of the list! I tried to seek him out at the starting point to introduce ourselves as I have been a long time guest of the board. Let me say that they reflect the group as a whole, great people!
We met most of the people in the group staying at the Microtel though our stay. Thanks Purple, Rocky, Wil, Rockadeaus(sp),Brad and Rene, Dan and wife, the guys from Fla (?), Jim,etc.
Over at the Phillips, the first night all 3 Chris', Melissa and Kevin went out of their way to put us at ease. Hey Ninja Chris, you are a nut, I mean that in a good way!
The list of people continued to grow through out the weekend. Thanks Semi, Kurt, Shawn and family, Ian, V-Man,03limited turbo guy (?), Mr Bogus, Michelle, etc....There's more that I'm forgeting, but I am still recovering from the ride.
All you guys and gals are the best! Thanks again for mking us feel a part of the family. Will post up some pics later.
Sorry for the long post...GET OUT OF THE ROAD!!!!!!!!
rock.gif
shutup.gif
winkold.gif

deadhorse.gif

Walt and Irene

welcome.gif
it was good to meet you, i'm glad you decided to come on board...since you have been a guest for a while, you know how it is around here so you can't claim not to have known when you catch the madness
laugh.gif
let us know if there is anything you need to get everything back to perfect
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the offer Semi! Not a problem, will be taken care of soon. By the way, here are some of those obligatory 1st time post pics. Thanks to JWCFBD for the action shots at the parkway! Will post other Bash photos soon.

02SPOOL__1_.JPG

It was our pleasure to usher you in. We loved the conversation with someone else who knows how miserable Illinois is! LOL Stay around, it just gets better!

Can someone tell be tell me why I can't seem to post my pics? Duh...what do I need to do? Do I need to upload them somewhere else? I am new at this....I know this is has been asked a million times before but now it applies to me...Yikes! Have lots of pics of the Bash and would like to send a few.

welcome to the board.
beerchug.gif
It was great meeting you guys and I happy that I was able to get some pictures of a Busa up there.

Well if you think you can get a handle on everyones names in one trip? yea buddy "get outta the road!" Was great meeting you! (you wanna join the TP gang?)
rofl.gif

Can someone tell be tell me why I can't seem to post my pics? Duh...what do I need to do?  Do I need to upload them somewhere else?  I am new at this....I know this is has been asked a million times before but now it applies to me...Yikes! Have lots of pics of the Bash and would like to send a few.
Walt you can attach them using a 640x800 size or host them at a site like photobucket. If you use a host site you can just past the url in the message body. It was great to visit with you and Irene and I am glad you guys made it home safe. Hang around, this is a great family.

Back